“Good hotel at great price”

Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Baltimore, MD
“Good hotel at great price”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn for one night. My experience was average, for a Comfort Inn. However, I got a great price; so, I have no complaints, related to the value.

The room is fairly large, and clean, with the normal amenities: working desk, flat screen TV, safe in room, and comfortable bed. They have renovated the bathrooms; so, this area looked completely new.

Check-in was a little slower than I would have liked - making a copy of my driver's license, talking to other guests, finding my room key, etc. But, overall, not too bad. They do provide a parking pass, for you to display on your car's dashboard or rear-view mirror.

The location, of the hotel, is fairly central to the town of Herndon, VA. Many dining establishments are nearby, along with a fair share of shopping centers (on Elden Street). All of them are within a 5-10 min driving distance. They provide a shuttle to the airport (I did not use it). Schedules for the shuttle are posted at the front desk.

The breakfast was very good - waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, eggs, yogurt, orange and apple juice, along with a few other items. The breakfast area was crowded, with a lot of families; so, I brought my breakfast to my room.

All in all, it was excellent value for the money and I would not hesitate staying here again, for a similar price.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. It is our mission to offer great service and value to our guest. Your comments will be shared with staff so that we may continue to excel in customer satisfaction. Please keep us in mind when returning to the Dulles Airport area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Herndon Va.
Reviewed 13 February 2013

When i checked in Comfort Inn,I never thought it would be a night mare,the room was already occupied by another guest,he had his bags in the room,the front desk clerk,assign me to the same room,he told the guest that was alresdy in the room to get his things because he putting him in another room,so the guest didn't believe he had to leave out of that room and go to another,the next morning,I get a call from the front desk saying I need to check out of that room into another room,he checked me out of room 101 and gave me room 226,well, 226 was already occupied by another guest,so he called the GM and explain to her about the rooms being already occupied,she told him to have me go to the lobby and wait until a room come available,so I had to take all my things and sit in the lobby. I waited in the lobby for 2 and half hours until a room was available,when I finally got a room,it was terrible,the sheer curtain had this brown stuff on it and the carpet had this red mess all on it,like it was blood,it was so dusty I kept having back to back astma attacks.I never want to stay there again,also other guest said they will never stay there again. The GM was at home asigning rooms and didn't know what rooms was available,she was on the phone telling the clerk to asign rooms to guest and didn't know what was available for the guest.She told the desk clerk not to check in guest because she was checking the guest in their rooms,the desk clerk was confuse and didn't know what to do.The general manage at as if she don't know her job.The corporate office need to investigate the GM.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Comfort Inn in Herndon Va.Terrible customer service
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Peggy W
My apology that you experienced a less than enjoyable stay during your visit with us. Thank you for taking the time to allow us to address issues of concern regarding your check-in/check-out directly with you. The staff at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon makes every attempt to accommodate special requests made by our guest prior to and during the course of their stay. Your comments and suggestions will be used as a coaching experience for all going forward. We hope that you will consider us when visiting the Dulles area again.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights for a business trip and didn't have any issues until the last night. The rooms are extremely basic with nothing special about them. This is one the cleanest choice hotels I have stayed in during my travels in the US. The price is just right for what you're getting out of the room. The last night I was there I heard a lot of banging (doors shutting) throughout the night. Not very many eating places around the area that are in walking distance. You have Spice World and Outback Steak House. I would recommend anyone to stay here if you're on a budget.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marcus W
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon. Our guest receive many amenities and features that are included in their lodging fee like; hot buffet breakfast, free shuttle service to airport and local within 5 mile radius, on-site guest laundry, business center and much more. Reston Town Center is located less than one mile which the hotel offers complimentary transport so that your dining options are expanded to include places such as; Clyde's, PassionFish, The Melting Pot and Uncle Julio's. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return visit.
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay if you're flight has been canceled or delayed out of Dulles. Nice rooms, free airport shuttle, wifi, and free breakfast. What more could you ask for? Also, there's an outback next door and a few more places to eat.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Brando1023
Thank you for your comments regarding the stay at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.
Winchester, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The Comfort Inn was inexpensive but very nice. It does not have a pool but the rooms are clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. It is convenient to many nice restaurants, Outback is next door, and 30 minutes drive to the National Mall. The breakfast in the morning could be much better but they do have blueberry waffles.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack S
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

We were in need of a hotel room for one night. This one had everything we were looking for, it was a great price, was in an excellent location, was one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in, and had a very helpful staff. Vic was at the desk when we checked in and again when we checked out the next morning. He was so polite and helpful, which made our stay there even better! We will definitely stay there again the next time we are in the area!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Emaddock
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Wes at the front desk is a great asset , very great customer service. Anything that you needed he was took care of it right away. Also meet Eve very professional and warm Every employee i meet was nice thank you

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!