“Very nice hotel.”

Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Good location near the highway, there were several options for restaurants in walking distance. The staf was very nice especially Amrit, who was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excelent! There are two things that I would change: The pillows are too small and make sleeping uncomfortable. The other thing I would change would be including a refrigerator in the room. There is an empty space that would fit a fridge perfectly. (or maybe the refrigerator was missing in my room?)

Room Tip: The rooms are nice but it would help if you bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EdnaMD
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear valued guest, thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Dulles and the positive comments regarding our Guest Service Agent. Along with many other in-room amenities, we do offer mini refrigerators upon request. With the spacious rooms we have available, putting them in each room would be a great idea. We appreciate your support and feedback to improve the service our travelers receive and look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Evie Davidson the hotel manager is a great leader. Her staff under her supervision can turn a stay here into one of the most pleasant experience's you as a traveler could ever imagine possible. They really treat you like ROYALTY. My stay exceeded my expectations. The rooms are modern and extremely clean i had to stay there while home shopping and was very pleased. Looking for a home can be a bit trying but the hotel was just the place i needed to unwind after a tiring day. Thank you Comfort inn Herndon. I will be back real soon

R. Johnson NYSP

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nysp1
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us here at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon. I will make sure your compliments are shared with staff. The Dulles corridor area (Herndon, VA) is a great location to; live, work and play with so many options in and around the city. Please remember us when traveling in the area again.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

free parking, clean rooms, comfortable lobby with area to hang out. decent rates, buffet breakfast - waffles!! easy area to navigate. lots to do nearby. staff was very nice. i think there may have been a small pool, but we didn't look for it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theislanddog

Thank you for your response. Our value is in our guest and we will continue to strive for 100% customer satisfaction! I’m pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary “Your Morning Breakfast” offering over 12 items to choose from in a variety setting. Again, thank you and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I snagged a great deal on this hotel through priceline express deals. I found the staff to be friendly and the hotel to be clean and quite. While aesthetically a bit outdated it made up for in the fact that it was very clean, the sheets and duvet were laundered, and that the bed/pillows lent itself to a good night sleep. I wasn't looking for the ritz, just needed a safe clean place to rest my head. I would definitely stay here again for the price I paid through priceline.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adrienne A

Thank you for giving us a moment of your time. I’m pleased that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon. Please remember upon your return visit that we reward our loyal travelers that are members of Choice Privileges with; upgrades, late check-outs and welcome amenities. We hope to see you soon and get you earning points for stays or gift cards.

Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is average. There were some updates (lcd tv and granite vanity). But the location was not the greatest. It was close to the highway but far from downtown. There wasn't much to do near by as well. Herndon is an old historical town. That should say it all.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank fang0026
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are located near Historical Herndon in addition to Reston Towne Center (1/4 mile away) which offers options for; dining, shopping and theater. I hope on your return visit whether for leisure or visiting one of many corporate locations around us, you get a chance to see other attractions and experience our new bedding package. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I had just returned from a 16 hour flight, 8 time zones & was dead tired. I hit the ATM for some cash and climbed into the Comfort Inn van. Picked up my car at the Comfort Inn and drove the 2.5 hours home. When I got home, I realized my wallet was gone, along with a lot of cash. Figured it was gone forever. Imagine my complete surprise and delight when Ms Davidson, the general manager, tracked me down to tell me that the van driver, Mr. Somsakdi, had found my wallet and turned it in. They returned my wallet with every single dime in it. Unbelievable honesty and customer service, a rare commodity today.
We've stayed there three times, leaving our car there for a long trip. Great value, great prcie and honest people.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia R
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport. We are pleased that your personal items were able to be returned securely in a timely fashion to you. Here, our team values include; Quality, Integrity, Caring, Service and Safety. Our hotel continues to offer the “Park, Sleep & Fly Package” to aide in stress free travel for our guest that you seem to frequently use. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed a night at the Comfort Inn Dulles on an 8th grade class field trip from San Francisco to Washington D.C. in late February 2013. We had mixed opinions about this place as there were a lot of nice amenities such as a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel that was complimentary. Also, there were a couple of restaurants next door to the Comfort Inn as well as a sports bar that were convenient as well. The establishment had a large room used for their continental breakfasts provided each day that we were able to use in the evening after everyone arrived to provide our kids a place to eat dinner.

Our room on the second floor was very quiet and clean. The beds were only double however but were comfortable. The kids and a few other chaperons on the trip were given rooms on the first floor. The rooms down there were smoke smelling and not fitted with comfortable beds. Also, there were a few rooms that were rented out to persons on a monthly basis that housed tenants who were on the sketchy side. There were problems with almost all of the room safes (not working) in the 10 or so rooms we had in our group and we could not connect to the internet anywhere other than the main lobby. We asked about it at the front desk, but there was nothing they did.

Room Tip: Get above the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. The Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon is a 100% smoke-free property. Because of great feedback from guest like you, we have also designated exterior non-smoking areas to prevent inside odors on the first floor. We are conveniently located 6 miles from the airport providing lodging for; corporate, tour, social, leisure and government travelers coming to the Dulles Corridor for short and long term stays. Safety has always been a priority for all of our guest and is something we review and monitor daily. We hope to see you again should your next field trip bring you back into the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!