Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
US$208
Hotels.com
US$133
US$111
Staybridge Suites Dulles(Herndon)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$94
Staybridge.com
US$224
US$195
US$138
US$164
All reviewslarge couchdulles airportfree breakfastpull out couchdesk areanice breakfastthe shuttle driverroom was spaciousair conditionerthe breakfast areabusiness tripsitting areahot breakfastking bedone night stayindoor poolenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I am a very picky traveler. I had to travel to the Leesburg area for a wedding and in the process, I looked up reviews on every hotel between Leesburg and Tysons Corner, on every site (Expedia, Tripadvisor, hotels.com). As a former business traveler, I always look for extra amenities (free internet, free parking, food options). And now as a parent with a young child, I look for newer properties because of the cleanliness factor.

This was an awesome hotel, very modern looking and very clean. The front desk staff was extremely helpful.

They had a pool, with a lifeguard (which is a plus if you have children), this is just a small hotel, so the pool is small too. If you are looking to spend your time in the hotel swimming laps, this is not the place for you.

Breakfast was your average continental breakfast- cereal, bagels, etc. There are options to order food (and pay for food)- which my husband decided to do. The food was ok- not bad or good, average. But again, our purpose was not to spend our time in the hotel, we were there for a wedding, so the hotel definitely served it's purpose. Just enough to get our bellies full to get on the road and close enough to get to most major shopping very easily. And our rate was $59 a night- which is awesome, considering the space you are given. Our room had two queen sized beds and a huge L shaped sofa that had a pull out couch. We traveled with my sister. They booked the room next to us, but truthfully, we could have pulled off all 7 of us (4 adults, 3 small children) in one room for the weekend. It was a nice, clean, big room- in a modern hotel with very friendly staff, for a lot less than you would spend in most hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 1pickymommy
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The hotel is very nice, it has a small gym and an indoor pool (warm with a lifeguard I think) and 2 options for food, one a grab and go and the other they prepare the food for you (24/7). The food selection is not big, 4-5 salads, 4-5 main dishes, etc… but its prepared at the moment.

They have a complimentary breakfast which is very simple (cereal, bread, fruit) but you can order eggs and other staff from the 24/7 service and they will prepare it.

My room was big, it was like a saloon with 2 rooms, one with a bed and the other with a Sofa, a desk, fridge,etc… The room had a 42” LCD TV and in general it was nice. The bad part is that it was not 100% sealed, some cool air filtered into the room from outside from below the A/C.

Personal was very friendly and helpful. My impression is that the hotel does an effort to satisfy everyone having different options.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Choosing a place close to Washington DC wasn’t easy with so many options and factors to consider. First, I decided to stay away from the City and looked at the nearby towns before choosing this property. Though located 25-30 minutes away from Washington DC, with some planning, you can avoid the rush hour traffic and get enough time in the City. It is close enough to the airport, but the location helped us escape the sights and sounds of the airport traffic. There is ample parking around the hotel.

Finding the place using the GPS is not easy, but more on this later. At first sight, the room smelt fresh and very clean and continued to stay that way, all three nights of our stay. Two queen beds and a sofa bed with enough space for the kids to spread their things around. Bathroom was small, but didn’t bother us much.

Breakfast was the usual with the staple cereals-toast-eggs-fresh fruits and juices. I was glad the scrambled eggs and potatoes were not part of the standard fare. For a hot breakfast, there is a reasonably priced a la carte menu. They also have a 24-hour menu for hunger needs round the clock. For dining options, the front desk can suggest nearby eateries with different cuisines.

The hotel has a gym and an indoor pool. The operating hours may not be very convenient, but if you need a swim no matter what, then approach the front desk and they will make arrangements to access the Sheraton pool next door.

The distance wasn’t a bother considering the warm welcome we got every night we returned to the hotel on our museum wary legs. Though the hotel operated on skeletal staff during the Thanksgiving holiday, the room remained fresh, towels were replaced and trash taken out. The staff was very courteous and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel is a great value proposition from Hyatt considering the price range.

Now reaching the place with a GPS is going to be tricky. Looks like this hasn’t changed since 2009 (reading another review) so we used Google maps for the first time. The front desk acknowledged this and was apologetic about the GPS challenge we faced. You can try 13750, Sunrise Valley Drive, Herndon and look for the Sheraton closeby to take the turn. The nearest of the WMATA metro locations is at West Falls Church Metro Lot, Idylwood, Virginia. There is a park n ride closeby, some days free.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nyusual
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Needed to be in the Northern Virginia area for the weekend and booked a room at the Hyatt Place based on other review in Trip Advisor. I was mildly surprised on how nice the room was based on the low price. Had a small kitchen area with fridge and coffee machine. Had a reasonable size desk. the bedroom was separated by a partition. The room was very clean and had plenty of space with a big couch. The late night staff was very helpful and asked if I wanted something to eat as I was checking in late and may want something. The breakfast buffet was good and you can order a hot meal. The hotel has a shuttle service, however; it stops at 11 PM. My plane was late at 11:30 PM so had to take a taxi. Only one restaurant near by, a pizza and pasta place. I will definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Mtallyca, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback from your visit. Our team is excited to hear that you had such a pleasant experience! In addition to the menu that we offer here at the Hyatt Place, there are also several dining options available to you within our shuttle radius. We look forward to showing you more of what the town of Herndon has to offer on your next visit.

Michael Estes
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport East

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Lucked into this hotel with a minimum bid on Priceline. Just wanted a spot near the airport to park my head for one night. Ended up sorry I wasn't staying longer! If you like small and cozy, this isn't your hotel. However, if you like spacious, gracious with a wealth of amenities, this is just the ticket.

They have an large and welcoming lobby area with restaurant and walk-up bar; an attractive business center and meeting facility; and a convenient computer room for guests, in addition to wi-fi access through the huge flat screen TV in the room.

The room was large and very well appointed - much more like a suite than a simple room.

Access to/from the aiport by car was simple and bypassed the Dulles toll road. Remember to keep change available (quarters) for the toll road if you are traveling beyond the airport. After normal business hours, there are no attendants and you MUST have correct change ($1.25 to enter the toll road and 75 cents to exit).

The front desk staff was very attentive and helpful. They provided me with printed addresses and directions to local shopping centers and other attractions. A special touch I appreciated was the computer near the front desk that's reserved just for printing boarding passes. Very convenient for early flight check-in or on your way out the door to the airport!

Overall, this hotel had everything I needed or wanted and so much more. Wish I'd had time to use the pool, jacuzzi and workout facility!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends