Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
US$126
SpringHill Suites
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel(Herndon)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Pool
US$86
US$59
ComfortInn
All reviewslarge couchdulles airportfree breakfastpull out couchdesk areanice breakfastthe shuttle driverroom was spaciousair conditionerthe breakfast areabusiness tripsitting areahot breakfastking bedone night stayindoor poolenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great hotel! Great location! Perfect customer service!

I have stayed at the hotel three separate times in the past month and each time was fantastic! The rooms are very spacious (compared to other hotels in the DC area). There is a 24/7 cafe, which is very cool. I think the prices could be a little lower, but who can't appreciate a good snack at 3am. :-) The morning breakfast buffet has been great! The times I have been there, I have seen LOTS of fruit, yogurt, eggs, french toast, breakfast sandwiches, cereal and a variety of bread. There really should be a dinner buffet.

What keeps me going back are the members of the staff. Jason, Amita, Zack, George and others (I have yet to learn their names) are amazing! Once they learn your name, they never forget it! They treat everyone as if they were VIP! If there is ever a problem, they take care of it immediately! Granted the only problem I have every had was that the HDMI hook up wasn't working. Haha! But, for something so minor, they changed my room! I thought that was pretty fantastic.

Overall my experience has been great! I can't wait for my next visit...which will be this weekend!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Most recent stay was March ’14. This is an older hotel that would be just OK for the price but is a bargain if you use their park and fly option. They have friendly, well trained staff who will help you to the extent they are able. Rooms are clean but a bit worn, breakfast selection includes some fruit/cereal yogurt as well as the normal fatty breakfast junk. No jet noise heard. Nothing special about the neighborhood but it is safe. Free wifi internet in room and lobby. The best feature (and the reason we have been back a couple of times) is the free "park and fly” which makes the hotel perfect for early flights out of IAD if you will be away for a week or so. Come up the night before, park the car and take the free shuttle to the airport (leaves on the half hour). Given the exorbitant parking rates at IAD it only takes a few days to come out ahead if you stay the night at the hotel — you may have to take a cab back to the hotel on your return which is about $15. Plus, you don’t have to hang around in the remote parking waiting for a bus…I like the Hyatt Place chain in part because they have a breakfast bar with healthy options and good coffee and usually seem to have free internet. Negative: like most hotels the pillows are overstuffed and not at all comfortable.

Room Tip: Value is great when using park and fly. Otherwise, value is just "OK"
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Because of an impeding snow storm, I took public transport from New York City to Washington D.C., and took the Metro Train and another bus to Dulles Washington Airport, where the hotel shuttle will pick me up. When I pulled into Washington D.C., I called the hotel and was advised how to reach Dulles Airport. Aside from a rude rebuff from the shuttle driver of another Hyatt hotel in the area, which I mistakenly thought was my ride, I finally came into the hotel after midnight. The night sight, front desk and the phone operator who doubles up as the waiting staff at the bar were all so kind, courteous, professional and very apologetic of the attitude of the shuttle driver who is not even their own staff. The hotel's own shuttle drivers were entirely opposite than that Hyatt Dulles hotel, being very cheerful, helpful and courteous at all times. The room I came to was very clean and comfortable. It has a modern look with new appliances to pamper you during your stay. And the price the hotel charged me for the night was indeed a good deal for all the services. The gym too has new equipment and well maintained. I will be back in that facility if I fly in from Washington Dulles Airport. Commuting from Washington D.C. though will require some stamina.

Room Tip: There is another Hyatt hotel in the area, so make sure you get the HYATT PLACE HERNDON DULLES AIRPORT EAST (it is quite a long name, but it is really worth it when you get there). I have the fifth floor and it was quiet and I had a good rest after a long trip.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Drove down to Miami for a night prior to flying out in the morning to Washington. The hotel was more than adequate; the room was very comfortable and spacious and as I had a lot of bags the luggage cart in the lobby proved particularly useful.
I met up with friends for dinner and used the hotel as a crash pad for the night. The bed facilitated a great nights sleep and I was gone before breakfast in the morning.
I particularly liked the fact that I could use Avios points to make the booking - something that I will definitely do for future bookings too!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My family and I stayed for six nights here recently.We've stayed in Herndon before,but never at the Hyatt Place.Let me say that this is the place to stay.From the moment we arrived until we left the staff was helpful and courteous.Even though we arrived before check in time they had no problem getting us in.Also during our stay we had to extend our visit unexpectedly and we were easily accommodated.
We booked a two bedroom suite.Each room had a king size bed with ample room space.One bedroom had a tub shower and the other had a stall shower.The living room area had a sofa,chair and a gas fire place which came in handy on the cool evenings.Our kitchen area seated four people with all good working appliances.We had our choice of three flat screen tvs.Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable.
Breakfasts at the hotel wer delicious with many choices both hot and cold.On Monday thru Thursday an evening social was offered with hot foods,wine,beer,etc.The food was very tasty.
The location was convenient to many ammenities.In Herndon,this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family