“1 nights stay”

Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great night in the 2 bedroom King King suite. Great amenities for a 4 person family. My only complaint is the ac unit was very loud. The breakfast buffet was the best quality food I think I have ever had in a free hotel breakfast. Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your response and will use it as a tool to improve the quality of our product.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights and our stay was very comfortable. Rooms are really nice and spacious. Complimentary breakfast is excellent! Staff is very friendly. The place is a bit far from Washington DC - around 30 minutes to Vienna metro station and another 30-40 minutes Metro ride from there. But there are plenty of restaurants around to eat - from Thai, Mexican, Indian etc. Loved the place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shailendra P
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for review about your stay at our hotel. We are glad that the hotel served your needs in accordance to your requirements. We are looking forward to your next visit. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a 6 hour layover from Dulles before a 17 flight to Africa. Dulles Airport has no Kid Play Zones. I decided to get a room just for a few hours to let my 3 year old Grandson let off some steam. The pool was a great escape and I am so thankful for the opportunity to use it! It was also great to eat and have a nice shower before the long haul.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DTen
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are glad that the brief time you spent brought you joy and satisfaction. Now you know where to stop on your next visit in our area.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was my second time to this property and I must say that it was as good as the first. The value and price was very worth it. I had 3 rooms for five days this spring and the rooms were clean and refreshed every day.
The breakfast was very good and I do appreciate all that they to ensure that you are not eating the same thing over and over again.
I will more than likely return to this property in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward serving you soon in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I chose to stay outside DC for 2 nights of a 4 night trip. I chose this hotel because of free breakfast ,free parking, and free internet. The staff was friendly and helpful. the breakfast was average, the coffee was terrible. Housekeeping left a note to ask if you had any special requests, I did receive what I requested , but she failed to replace our dirty coffee mugs. Rooms were clean . The pool was dirty . We arrived late and received a Handicap accessible room ( not what we reserved) although there was extra room, there was no place to hang my clothes, so they would not drag on the floor . Not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about some areas that were not up to your expectations. I invite you to reach out to me directly so we can resolve these matters to your satisfaction. We would like you to give us one more opportunity.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt Place design works for business and is OK for couples though it's more about efficiency than romance. It does not always handle the scale of tour group and holiday weekend family demands quite as well Our Memorial Day weekend stay at this location started out well with friendly staff at checkin and reasonably priced craft beers at the lobby bar. We discovered we were sharing the hotel with two busloads of middle school students on what seemed to be their class trip to Washington DC. There was no noise problem at night, and the hotel had wisely arranged for a separate breakfast room, but between students in the lobby and family groups in the breakfast area the staff on duty could not quite keep up. Coffee ran out several times. Other minor problems were a nonworking wall control for the heat/air conditioning (we found the controls on the unit itself, which did work) and no Do Not Disturb door tag in our room (housekeeping brought one after we asked for help at the desk).

We got a very good rate as Hyatt Gold Passport members booking in advance, below the best rate we could find for similar select service chains with breakfast. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your review. Kindly note that we have noticed the pros and cons of your stay and that serves as a balance to weigh the options we need to deploy in the future. We look forward seeing you visit us very soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a typical, efficient, comfortable American hotel. My rooms was enormous, more like a suite, very comfortable except for the air conditioning left on before I got there and set on 66ºF (19ºC) so the room was freezing at first. Lots of space, good working area, fast wifi, comfortable sofa, very quiet day and night. Frequent and reliable shuttle to and from IAD. Abundant breakfast, though too heavy on carb and light on healthy options such as fresh fruit, etc. At around $90 including tax, this is god value for the location and the level of comfort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you kindly for your feedback. We value your comments and share that with our staff to enhance the quality of our product. We look forward seeing you back soon.