“Best Hyatt in the area”

Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I had to stay at this Hyatt Place for conference this month. Everything was perfect. Great staff. ..All very friendly and helpful. My room was large, the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast had a little bit of everything. .. Hot items, fruit, cereal, etc. I could even order Starbucks in the lobby. Great job... I will recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Libby R
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

I am very glad to hear that your stay was a complete success and this gives you every reason to come and stay with us when landing in the Dulles corridor. If I can be of any personal assistance, I am just a phone call away.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I booked my room at the last minute needing a place to crash with my toddler during a 20 hour layover. I had a bit of difficulty locating the shuttle at the airport (the hotel shares a van with the Sheraton so it is not branded), but the shuttle driver more than made up for this by going out of his way to be friendly and helpful. I am not sure how I would have managed had he not assisted me with my bags (knowing I had already given him the last cash on me- a pathetic $5- he still carried by bags up to the room because the luggage trolleys had all been taken from the lobby by other guests). The following morning we enjoyed the best complimentary breakfast I've ever seen in a large hotel chain. Hot eggs Benedict? Yes please! There was also an assortment of kid friendly food: fresh fruit, yogurt, non-sugared cereal, etc. The dining area was busy and crowded, but we still managed to find a seat (maybe we went at peak time?). The room itself was surprisingly large and well suited for business travelers and families alike with a comfortable bed and large couch that can fold down to create another bed, as well as free WiFi. You more than get your money's worth at Hyatt Place; I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AdventureRN83

Thank you writing your heart out in expressing your overall joy and satisfaction. I am extremely pleased when I read that we won your confidence in all areas of the hotel. It is a given that you will choose us on your future visits. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of any service to you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This is a perfect location for a family retreat. There is a pool that is perfect for the kids, and a gym that is more than sufficient for a weekend stay. There is plenty of free parking.
The rooms are generally large. Some rooms have a view of the airport (Dulles), but the location is far enough away from the airport to not hear any airplane activity.
I've often stayed on weekends, and the weekend pricing is a very good value .

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Traveholica
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you found the pool and the fitness center to your liking. It was also great to hear that the room was to your liking and it provided a view of the airport. It is quite a treat to see them moving around in the airport area. Please come and visit us soon and if I can be of any help, kindly contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The room was perfect...I really like the huge couch, refrigerator, the big shower and especially the giant screen TV...Everything is bigger at the Hyatt Place...the free breakfast is much better than ever and you can add Starbucks coffee....the pastry selection at night is first rate...two choices of newspaper in the morning, as they've added the Wall Street Journal...absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark L
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your stay details that made it a hotel of your choice. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Starbucks coffee and the pastry selections were to your delight. It is always great to hear about items that leave an impression on our guests' mind. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is very close to Dulles airport. Rooms are very spacious. Staff is nice, courteous & helpful. Breakfast is great with good choice for vegetarians as well. Definitely recommended for folks visiting Herndon, VA.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HemantR24
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. We look forward seeing you soon in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the lowest priced of the Volkswagen approved hotels in Herndon. The staff is great - always greet me when I come in or leave, and happy to assist with any questions or special requests, though they were out of lotion and never did send one up after I requested it. I LOVE that they will give me a glass a milk so I can take my evening medications - no charge! The wifi in the rooms is inconsistent - the first room I stayed in had a good signal, but the second was too weak to stream radio. I hate the shower stalls, though. There isn't a full width door, and there is only one tiny shelf. Pretty much impossible to shave my legs. There were a surprising large number of families staying over the weekend, which made the breakfast buffet a zoo. The air conditioner blows right on the bed, so when it switches on you are instantly cold. Love the shuttle service - easy to get to the airport or VW office. There's hardly anything within walking distance - no stores and only one restaurant.

Room Tip: I've never had any issues with noise from floor above, or from either side. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JoAnne J
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about some areas that were not up to your expectations. I invite you to reach out to me directly so we can resolve these matters to your satisfaction. We would like you to give us one more opportunity.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall the hotel was great. First time staying at a Hyatt and enjoyed this visit pretty well. Hotel is very convenient to Dulles and the Air and Space Museum for the space shuttles. You are about 20 minutes from Vienna for the Metro into DC. The Dulles connector when completed later this month will make a Metro stop even closer. The hot breakfast each morning was good. Good job of keeping the foods replenished. Our room was bigger than expected and comfortable bed with large 42" TV. No tub in the rooms but shower was nice. My only complaint was the 24/7 room service. Quality of food not par with the actual hotel. The beer selection when we were there was limited and cheese platter was not very good. Overall we would return.

Room Tip: Corner room was very nice..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your stay was fine in almost all aspects. We have noted the minor comments that you have listed and will put some thought to it. We look forward seeing you soon.

Rajesh Singh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!