“Average Airport Hotel With All The Basics And Few Flaws”

Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is not for travelers who seek the experience of visiting DC Metro are or Virginia. Location is at the middle of no where & you MUST have own transportation to move around or depend on hotel's super inconsistent shuttle which takes you to Dulles air port. It's not ideal for honeymoon or vacation in any means. It's just a airport hotel with all of the basics that you will need for a business trip. I stayed here for a business meeting with other colleagues (over 15) & everyone seem to have no complains. The hot water was always available regardless of time so that was great, however i was surprised to see none of the restrooms has bathtub!! The WiFi (not free) speed was OK & I was able to watch YouTube videos from my 2nd floor room. Breakfast was included in our room rate so I decided to have it here, otherwise I would definitely look for other options (not too many varieties, just basic). For the room price I must say the breakfast do not meet expectation. There is a popcorn machine in the lobby & every time someone bakes popcorn, the entire lobby smells like crap for a brief period. I complained about the awful smell at the front desk twice but no action was taken. All in all, if you are a traveler needing a place with basic needs you should try it.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms has better WiFi quality (not free though)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NewYorker2260
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear NewYorker2260,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am sorry to read the shuttle was inconsistent and the breakfast did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at 571-643-0950. I would like to make your experience with us right. I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This basic airport hotel is an approximately 5min shuttle ride from the airport. Rooms are solid for the price and provide all necessary amenities incl. coffee. Staff at the reception was friendly, quick and competent. Both the rides from the airport and back to the airport worked without any hassle.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear axgwl,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad to see you enjoyed the rooms, amenitiies, and most of all the service you received from the team. Thank you with staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here the night before and after our trip to Jamaica. Kurt, at the desk, was extremely helpful upon our return during a snowstorm. We were exhausted and he made it very easy to get settled. The rooms are clean, quiet and spacious. Our shuttle experience was fine. I'd definitely stay here again when needing to spend the night near Dulles.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Lou17751,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am happy to see that Kurt took such great care of you during your stay. I will share your comments with whole team. We hope the next time you travel to the Dulles Area you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm a business traveler to the D C metro area and highly recommend staying here. I stay approximately 200 nights a year at hotels and when I make reservations here I know my stay will be worry free. The staff is professional and courteous. No hassles checking in or checking out. Billing is accurate. The rooms are quiet, clean and well maintained. Plenty of parking.
Their restaurant has a variety of entrees. I've ordered the pork tenderloin, salmon and pasta from their restaurant, all very good !
The club lounge offers complimentary wine and beer from 6 to 7 pm and is staffed with a professional and courteous attendant. Club lounge also has fruit and vegetable platters, sodas and Starbucks coffee. In the morning hours breakfast is also served.
The fitness center is roomy, has all the equipment you need for a good workout, three tread mills, elliptical machines, stationary bike and dumbbells.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear davidm,

Thank you for your awesome review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the clean spacious rooms, the food in the restaurant, and the amenities of our club lounge. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

i stay at the Sheraton after a flight through Washington was cancelled due to weather. The hotel itself was great, big room good lunge and rest.

The shuttle pick up from the airport was a problem and was seriously delayed and the communications form the hotel was problematic. BUT, when this was pointed out the the hotel GM, rather than dismiss it jumped on the issue. He promised to follow-up and did. He explained the issue and how they had resolved it. He was prompt and apologetic for the issue.

For those who travel a lot, we all experience issues - but the recovery is key and in this case the hotel recovered perfectly.

If you ned a DC Airport hotel - these guys will not let you down.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear srhastings1,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Aiport. I am happy to see we could correct the shuttle experience you had on the night of your arrival. I enjoyed speaking with you and I am happy you have decided to stay with us again. I look forward to seeing you in October.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

For an airport hotel, this Sheraton has very little noise pollution and is very quiet. The hotel, while not memorable, has all of the basics that you will need for a business trip including a large workspace. The hotel has a pool, although you should be aware it has very limited hours. Very convenient hotel if you have business in the area or need to be by the airport but getting around requires a rental car as there is little in the immediate area. The sheets were a bit stiff and the mattress too firm for my liking and the hotel lacks personality as it is nearly identical to the surrounding hotels. With free internet and breakfast when staying on the club level, it fits the bill for all of the necessities, if not all of the comforts one would like.

Room Tip: Club level is your best bet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear John W.,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am happy to read the hotel had all of the amenities that you needed. The next time you are traveling to Dulles area we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed one night and got a great rate for a Friday night. The hotel is clean and the front desk staff was friendly. I was checked in very quickly with no issues. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!