The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsheavenly beddulles airportparking garagenice hotelstarbucks coffeefront desk staffbreakfast buffetan early flightfitness centercomfortable roombusiness triprental carminute drivebusiness centerdc areashuttle servicespg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were allowed an early check in which was very nice. One of the reasons we choose this hotelwas because of the pool and hot tub. Was told the pool was not working but the hot tub was. The jets in the hot tub were broken so all you could do was sit in a tub of hot water. Also if the pool was fixed the hours are terrible and we wouldn't have had a lot of cance to use it. The rooms are very nice and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your recent review of the Westin Dulles. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Unfortunately, the pool was under maintenance during your stay and I am so sorry about that. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Upon arriving the front desk was semi helpful when I needed to get to another location. Lots of Toll roads that could have been avoided. Walking to our room there was a plate of food outside someone s room which was there still in the morning. If I wanted to use the internet I had to pay ten dollars a day, when trying to connect in lobby where they said was free it still wanted to charge me. I have stayed at other five star hotels where amenities where numerous Hot tub was dirty with floating gray matter Was disappointed with this stay will not be returning as well as will not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review which I was extremely concerned to read. I am just so sorry for the inconvenience you had to face and I would like to offer you my personal apologies for this. Thank you for bringing this to may attention and I will certainly be following up on your feedback with the Heads of Department concerned. I would really appreciate you giving us another opportunity as I would like you to experience the Westin Dulles as one should. If you do return, please do let my office know, so I can perhaps have the opportunity of meeting with you.

Be Well, Be Westin,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for a one night stay after touring Manassas Battlefield. It is listed as a four star hotel. It is nice but nothing amazing. Clean lobby and friendly staff. The rooms are not huge but a normal size. It looks like they do most of their business as a conference center. They are located among data/tech office buildings and the area is quiet and safe. Not much in an immediate walking area although there are plenty of restaurant options a short drive up the road. There is a shuttle to the airport. The pool was heavily chlorinated and had a lifeguard on duty even though it was a small pool. The weekday hours of the pool are strange -- only open from 6-10 and then 5-9pm. Overall it was fine but I was glad that I used a last minute discount website to get the hotel. I would have felt that I had overpaid otherwise.

Room Tip: The pool is on the second floor as is the workout facility.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Westin Dulles. Thank you also for your feedback which I will certainly share with my management team to take corrective action. We do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at the Westin at IAD for a two day weekend conference. This is the worst Starwood stay I have ever experienced.

Let me start off with the POSITIVES:

This hotel is newer and updated.
The rooms and bed are comfortable and updated.
The food for the events/meetings was mostly above average for hotel fare.
Late Check out on Sunday
The hotel and rooms are clean

The NEGATIVES:

This hotel is located in a boring business park. There are no shops, restaurants or sightseeing within walking distance of the hotel. There is nothing fun to do at this hotel or near this hotel.

No Spa - even though the hotel was supposed to have one by this time

No fitness center- It was closed the entire weekend

No outlets on the nightstand for electronics

Unappealing Fluorescent lighting throughout the entire hotel and rooms. The hotel lobby bathrooms are very dark. I couldn't see into my room closet, so it was pointless storing my suitcase in there.

We could hear a toilet flushing from an adjoining room throughout the night.

Staff: Indifferent/mediocre/unpolished staff in all areas of the hotel.

A room on our floor that was not a part of our group had smoked so much marijuana in his room that it infiltrated the hallway all the way to the elevator affecting about 25 rooms on the 6th floor on one night during our stay.

The dirty table cloths from the previous night's dinner were still on the tables for the next day's breakfast and meetings and none of us were sitting in the same place, so I felt that it was unsanitary and the table cloths should have been replaced for fresh ones after the dinner event.

Terrible service in the restaurant for breakfast- we had to ask for coffee and water refills at least 3 different times.

The breakfast buffet at the onsite restaurant is just okay if you get it complimentary, but our group was not offered the free voucher in our room block and paying $16 + tip was a slap a face especially since every other guest in the restaurant was getting a free breakfast. The $16 buffet was more of a continental breakfast... Mostly fruit, breads, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, processed scrambled eggs (not fresh eggs), undercooked bacon, and tasteless sausage. There were no pancakes, waffles or freshly prepared eggs offered. The buffet was unattended and I had to hunt down a staff member just to get them to refill the serving dishes and our drinks. If you get the complimentary breakfast buffet, it will suffice, but do not eat there if you have to pay for it.

While I noted Sunday's late check out as positive, the housekeeping staff was hounding my room 15 minutes before checkout despite the fact that I had the Do Not disturb sign on the door. This was not on par with Westin's Weekend Relaxation theme. We made it clear at check-in that we would not be checking out until 3pm, so I expect to have until 2:59pm to clear out of my room completely. Housekeeping knocking on my door to clean before check out when there is a do not disturb sign on the door is completely unacceptable.

My biggest negative of all is that our room was given a *special group room rate* for the weekend of our conference and it turns out that our room rate was $20 more per night than if we booked outside of the block for our group. Room blocks are almost always at a discount or at least the same as current room rates, but since the conference had been set up two years prior, the hotel would not adjust the rate even though Westin IAD's website states "Best Rates Guaranteed." Management would not adjust the room rate for the group which I felt was extremely unfair especially since they expected a room block minimum, so the conference participants were guilted into paying a higher rate! There were just two of us in a room and we paid $40 extra for two nights and had to pay $16 each (not including tip) out of pocket for breakfast on Sunday...so overall we ended up paying $72 extra (not including tips) for a two night stay with our "special" group block rate than if we had just booked through the hotel directly and not mentioned the group at all. I find this extremely inconsiderate toward my group who had brought a lot of business to this sleepy hotel in the middle of a boring business park in Herndon. I would not stay at this hotel again, and I certainly would not plan events, meetings, or conferences at this hotel either.

I discussed my concerns at check out and was basically told that it would be passed on to management and that was it. Guest satisfaction is not a priority at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the pond view- not garage view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CaribLover
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near Dulles, and yet we weren't bothered by noise from the airplanes or the highway. What we were bothered by was the lousy housekeeping. We had two rooms, the sink in one was dirty from the previous occupants, and in the other room there were two dirty socks on the floor and a dirty sock in the bed--so gross! The rooms were comfortable enough otherwise, but the thought of the room not being cleaned properly is a little difficult to get past.

1  Thank adviceucantrust
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at the Westin Dulles. I am sorry that you had some service issues to your room; what you experienced is not appropriate. We aim to exceed your expectations and go above and beyond and I am so sorry that was not your experience.  I have shared your comments with the Management Staff at our meeting and our head of Housekeeping has taken action to assure we do not repeat these service issues in the future. We do hope you consider us when you return to the area in the future.