“Great Hotel!”

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was an excellent hotel - comfortable, clean, quiet, friendly. What would I have changed? - offering a continental breakfast and microwaves being available would have been good, but otherwise, I have no complaints. Plan to go back and use them on other trips, as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea A
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback with fellow online viewers. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles and your comments were wonderful to read. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My sisters and I stayed at the Westin for 2 nights while attending a wedding. We are very happy with our stay. The hotel was comfortable and the staff was friendly. We enjoyed the heated pool and workout room. The showers near the pool/weight room was really convenient. We were appreciative of the free parking garage. The hotel atmosphere was calming and we felt very safe throughout our stay. We always had plenty of fresh linens, which were thick bath towels and soft washcloths.

What you need to be aware of is they do charge for in-room internet service. They do state that clearly, though, and there is free internet in the business area.

We would gladly stay at this hotel again. It was one of the best hotels we have been to. We appreciate all of their efforts at making our stay comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnShar1084
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I was absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your complimentary comments. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in April 2014. On my way to the airport after checking out I realized I left my expensive sunglasses in my room. When I got in touch with the hotel they informed me that they found sunglasses in my room on the exact same morning that I checked out. However, after weeks of unreturned phone calls and emails, as well as leaving my information with them several times, they are now backtracking and saying they don't have my sunglasses (which were worth double the room rental price). The hotel is now saying a cheaper pair is what they found (how they could have found a different pair in my room on the same morning I stayed there and lost mine is beyond my comprehension!). So either someone switched my sunglasses with a cheaper pair or the hotel misplaced them and there is nothing they will do about it. For me this experience can be characterized as incompetence, unprofessionalism, and dishonesty. This has been one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a hotel and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially given the other options close by.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Adam2012
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were visiting DC with all our adult family members with their spouses and were pleasantly surprised with the décor which was very soothing. Our rooms appeared to be brand new in décor and the rain head spa shower was fantastic. We enjoyed the free WIFI and were thrilled with the direction on getting to the metro in the horrendous traffic in VA/DC. The front desk was very attentive to all the special needs of our party of 8 adults. Since we flew into Dulles this was one of 5 choices and we had and would stay there again. Their exercise room was top notch . The grounds were immaculate and there are plenty of options for additional dining outside of their wonderful dining room. The food was great and they accommodated some special dietary requirements. housekeeping was nice and pleasant

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barb C
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dulles. Your compliments were a pleasure to read. I am delighted to hear you were thoroughly spoiled by our team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have used the Westin Dulles to house Virginia Military Institute Cadets from out-of-state waiting for their outbound flights. I have also stayed there on occasion. The hotel desk has been extremely accommodating to the Cadets and me, assisting with their flight arrangements and seeing that they get to the airport on time. It is a very nice hotel with clean, well-appointed and comfortable rooms. The rooms have effective sound-proofing, so tired guests are not disturbed by traffic by the nearby Route 28 or the airport. The staff is friendly and efficient. There is also a very good restaurant and room service. The lobby bar appears to be a convivial gathering place for business executives. For keeping fit, there is an excellent work-out room with a variety of machines and weights, and a lap pool with hours coinciding to the businessperson’s schedule. With their very reasonable rates, this is a top value hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I am grateful for your return to the Westin Dulles hotel and thank you for your positive remarks about your experience here. As great as it is to have a beautiful new facility here, it is really the staff that makes our hotel what it is, and they strive to go above and beyond to welcome every guest who walks into our lobby everyday.  We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Normally I really like Westins. It must just be this one in particular, or at least I hope so since I'm traveling a lot for work this year.

This hotel is advertised as having free wifi and a swimming pool. In fact, you have to pay for the wifi, and the swimming pool is only open a few hours a week. They claimed some legal excuse for this about lifeguards but that turned out to not be true.

There was also a huge amount of noise in the hallway on my floor at night when I was trying to sleep. I called the front desk to ask if they could ask the hallway partiers to take it inside so I could go back to sleep. About twenty minutes later the front desk woke me up themselves by calling to ask if I had the room number of the people in the hallway.

I recommend that you avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ajjpape
Linda T, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We do offer many rates that include wifi but we do not advertise free wifi throughout the hotel although we do offer free high speed internet in our lobby and complimentary use of our business center.

Due to Section 69.1-3-8 of the Fairfax County Code of Ordinances here in Virginia a lifeguard is required by law effectively limiting the hours of operation for our pool. I understand this can be an inconvenience so we try to keep our pool open during peak hours. However, effective Memorial Day our new hours are 9 am to 9 pm 7 days a week.

I'm sorry for the trouble experienced during your stay as our mission is to satisfy each and every guest that walks through our doors. We hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Westin Washington Dulles Airport hotel staff is always a pleasure to work with, I have been coming there annually for about 4 years. The customer service at the front desk, bell service and food staff is awesome and the food is good!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side with the view ot the beautiful lake.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carmiepn
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Westin Washington Dulles Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!