“Great, as always”

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I normally stay at this Westin and always find it easy and great! Our office is close by so I can walk there. Staff is always nice to me. Bar and restaurant have good options. Rooms are clean and in great shape.

1  Thank Jean Michel T
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Westin Dulles for your stay once again. As a General Manager, there is nothing greater than to hear that a guest returns to our hotel because they love the staff and everything our hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Booking this hotel through Hotwire was a STEAL!! For what I paid, I would never have expected such luxurious accommodations. The room was spacious and clean with plenty of storage. My only issue was that the mini-frig did not seem to be working that well--the bottles of water I placed in it were only "cool" in the morning, not cold. I would not have wanted to eat anything that had to stay cold that was put in it. The in-room coffee maker had Starbucks blends with raw sugar as an option, which I loved. The pool and spa area was also very nice, and staffed by a lifeguard, which you don't normally see at a hotel pool. I only used the fitness room once during my stay, but it had a wide variety of machines with built in TV monitors, which made the time pass easily. The area around the hotel is mostly office buildings and other hotels and residences, so you have to drive a few miles to find restaurants and other things to do. Overall, it was a wonderful stay, and feel very fortunate to have gotten such a great deal with Hotwire.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Westin Dulles with fellow travelers online . I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Decent but for a $185/ night it could be better. Nice front staff. When i got into room there was some sort of dark spot/thing in the shower and the toilet seat was up so I was not certain that it was clean. Not optimal. Front desk staff was very pleasant and courteous, but the cab service they used was abysmal. You should use your Garmin, people. I tell you "left" so you make a right. Shuttle took too long; had to wait 30 min at airport. Adequate in room menu but food left much to be desired. Will prob try another hotel next time I am at Dulles. Could hear a lot of hallway noise. Not worth the Westin premium, imho.

Room Tip: View toward pond is better
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience. Please feel free to reach out to me as I would love to make your next stay special and memorable.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is one of the nicest Westin Properties I have stayed in. Some of the other Westin Properties should follow suit. The decor is very up to date. Everything is very nice and well kept. I also have to say the Staff really make a special effort to accommodate all of your needs. I highly recommend this Starwood property. Especially being an airport location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Westin Dulles. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and comments like yours assures me that we are on the right track. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during a convention in Chantilly, the staff was very friendly and automatically gave us a lake view room. The rooms were clean and quiet. The beds and showers were amazing, and the pool and hot tub were a welcome retreat after a long day of working. We ate at the hotel restaurant one night and the food and service were superb. The parking garage was convenient except that there was one elevator from the garage then you must walk through the hotel to get the the other elevators that go to the guest rooms, but it wasn't far. The gift shop has very little in it and is very expensive, so bring whatever you need. There are not any restaurants within walking distance, but there are a ton of places to eat and shop within a 10 minute drive. Overall, it was a fantastic experience and we will definitely be stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda L
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I was absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your complimentary comments. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stay here when in the area for business. The hotel is quiet, clean, well-maintained, and in a great location (convenient to the Toll Road, 28, the airport, and many restaurants) and the setting by large man-made "lake" is serene. There is ample covered parking in the garage behind the hotel. The breakfast buffet is simply amazing! It's well stocked, the servers are friendly and attentive, and the scrambled eggs are the best I've ever had.

I recommend this hotel for business travelers and families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake. Lower, odd-numbered rooms will view the lake and not the apart...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

I am grateful for your return to the Westin Dulles hotel and thank you for your positive remarks about your experience here. As great as it is to have a beautiful new facility here, it is really the staff that makes our hotel what it is, and they strive to go above and beyond to welcome every guest who walks into our lobby everyday.  We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

this place is OK if you need to sleep near dulles, we tried to do payments with a pre-authorization process for our own internal admin purposes and the hotel completely, messed it up and then refused to fix it - i would not recommend them if you need to do anything remotely complicated with the payment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AmericanVoices
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Been to The Westin Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!