“Luxurious hotel suite”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Luxurious hotel suite”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My first stay at this hotel left me amazed by its cleanliness and roominess: a bedroom, a bathroom, a living area with a desk off to one side and a bar set up at the other end (with mini fridge and microwave). My rate was reasonable as part of a conference contract. My only problem was the ritzy soap that irritated my skin. That and the $12.95/night wired internet fee (my wireless connection only worked in the lobby and the conference areas); I decided I didn't need to use my laptop that badly. The breakfasts were very good, with custom omelets, but each of my breakfast tabs came to $15-$20. I considered those to be my main meals of the day.

Green Features: I don't mind using the same sheets 2 nights in a row, but when I travel, I want fresh towels each day. So I threw my towels in the middle of the bathroom floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kathyl741

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have stayed at this location a few times. I love the location because it is so close to restaurants. The rooms stay nice and clean. However, every time I stay there I feel very uncomfortable asking some of the managers anything. They stare at me with a very intimidating look and will even roll there eyes as I'm asking ANYTHING. There once was a young child playing with a ball in the lobby and I watched as the manager snatched it out of the kids hands very aggressively without addressing the mother first. I love this hotel, but for this reason of feeling uncomfortable I will no longer stay there. Other employees are awesome! So if you can surpass a few rude ones then this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Anabelle55
Kristen M, General Manager at Washington Dulles Marriott Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Annabelle55,

Thank you for making the time to write a review regarding your experience at the Washington Dulles Marriott Suites. I am glad to hear there are many things you enjoy about staying at the hotel. I am very disappointed, however, to hear about the experience you have had with one or more of the managers in the hotel. They should be setting the example of excellent customer service for our associates.

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in person regarding this so I can address your concern. My phone number is 703-925-5855 if you would be willing to do this.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. I hope to hear from you.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Told us about the area and warned at check-in that it would be a busy weekend. Nonetheless it was quiet and comfortable. Loved having the separate sleeping and living rooms as hubby is early riser and I'm not. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently spent three nights at this hotel - it is quite close to both my client office and to Dulles. While the rooms are typical Marriott rooms, they were spacious and clean. The service, however, was outstanding - everyone in this hotel was helpful, friendly, and accommodating. They even arranged, prior to my arrival, for a driver to take me to the office each day - and the driver was equally helpful, friendly, and accommodating. The hotel is adjacent to a sort of strip mall with a number of restaurant options and there are certainly others in the area. It was a great stay and I will return when I next work with this client.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room that doesn't face the main street - my original room did and it was qui...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
east greenwich, rhode island
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Easy to get to from Dulles airport and excellent rooms and amenities. Breakfast the following morning was delicious and plentiful. Have never seen such large sweet blueberries. The rooms were clean, large and very comfortable. Almost as good as home.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank dermgoddess
Raleigh, USA
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the last few years and I really cannot find any fault -- it is just super.
The staff are in a class all of their own -- I stay at lots of Marriotts but none of them compare to the warmth and efficiency of this hotel.
The accommodations have been upgraded in the last couple of years and are lovely.
Little things that other hotels lack -- like hinges to stop the doors slamming -- this hotel HAS.
Even the restaurant gets tops marks -- very very good freshly prepared food. The breakfasts are super but the lunches for $10 are the best fresh food bargain I know of.
The gym is small but well equipped.
So they deservedly get top marks
Well done and thank you -- other hotels could learn a lot from this one.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank neilmj
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stranded at Dulles airport for 3 days after being in transit for 30+ hours. Changed to this hotel from the one offered by the airlines because I needed to eat a real meal and I needed rest. The room was clean and quiet. The lobby restaurant was not fancy, but it hit the spot with several attractive menu items. I ordered a grilled chicken breast with vegetables and a side salad. After 3 days of airport junk it was just what I needed to get back on my feet and to feel like a person again..

Room Tip: Facility is high rise design. I prefer rooms on lower floors in the event that I need to use the st...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
#5 of 20 in Herndon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,113 reviews
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Washington Dulles Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!