We stayed one night at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. We were going to be spending some time in the Leesburg area and also getting together with a family member who lives in Manassas, so this provided accommodations that were centrally located to both. We didn't have any problem finding the hotel based on the directions given. Check-in was completed quickly and our request for an upper floor, non-smoking room (4th floor, which is the top floor) was granted.
The room is set up with a smal seating area that contains a couch which I believe is a sofabed, and an entertainment center that hada flat-panel TV. There is a small kitchen area with counter that can be used for eating or a work area. The kitchen are a is small and contains a two-burner cooktop(no oven), microwave, compact dishwasher, and an apartment size frig. We didn't use any of it but it would be nice for people staying more than a day or two. Appeared t be well equipped with cooking & eating utensils. The bedroom has double doors that block it off from the LR. Average size with a queen bed and another flat-panel TV.
We had already settled into the suite when I went to use the bathroom. Upon opening the door, I immediately noticed that the previous occupant(s) had obviously smoked in the bathroom, hoping that the bathroom exhaust fan would suck out the smoke smell, which of course it did not. I called the front desk to inform them, since there is a hefty charge for smoking in the room (something like $200). We were offered another room but since we were already settled in and were only staying one night, we decided not to move. We just kep the bathroom door closed and we didn't really notice the smell in the other parts of the suite.
Each morning there is a breakfast buffet which was OK. Typical of this type of property. Might get a bit boring if you were there a number of days. During the week there is also a free social hour, but not on the weekend, which is when we stayed.
Our only other complaint was that the A/C wasn't working properly so they had installed a window unit in both the LR and BR. Since it wasn't hot enough to need it, it wasn't a problem buit might have been rather noisey if we had needed it. I don't think this is typical as we couldn't see any other window units from our vanatge point.
In Reston, which is right near by (10 minutes or so) , there is an office complex that also has many restaurants, which is where we went with our family member. Also near by is a Target and of course gas stations where you can fill up before getting back on the highway. The hotel is off Route 7100, which runs between the Dulles Toll Rd and Route 7. There is plenty of shopping and dining on Route 7.
Bottom line was that it was a good value for what we paid (about $70 with taxes), so we would stay ther again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great location, just miles from the Wiehle-Reston Metro Stop and Reston Town Center. Our complimentary shuttle will take you anywhere within 5-miles of the hotel! Renovated in 2017 to ensure that our rooms are the best they can be. Come stay at our House, and feel like you're at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt House Herndon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Herndon Hotel Herndon
- Summerfield Suites Herndon
- Hyatt Herndon
- Herndon Summerfield Suites
- Herndon Hyatt