“Comfortable bedding, extra window, a real winner”

Hyatt Regency Dulles
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 March 2009

Triple sheeted beds, thin down (or convincing synthetic) blanket, nice pillows.

The room layout is perpendicular to that in most hotels -- the long dimension is the one with the windows. In a room with a king bed, a bureau topped by a rotating TV separates the room into halves, with the bed and bathroom on one half and a sofa and the desk on the other. Each half gets it own large window. It's probably not as space efficient as most layouts, but I REALLY like it.

It's visible from the Dulles toll road, but somewhat inconvenient to get to. Call for directions.

Free surface parking, and they'll let you park for up to 14 days following a stay.

Desk had a Herman Miller Aeron chair, but NOT the highly adjustable Aeron, so it won't lock in an upright position (which I find annoying).

Both wired and wireless net available, $10 each, wireless is by T-mobile. Free printing to the front desk via printme.com.

Our bathtub had some missing enamel that had turned to large rust spots -- I'm startled that the hotel would continue to rent that room when occupancy is a low as it was when I was there.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank zippy47
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed 12 October 2008

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip in September. The hotel is located conveniently from the Airport and from the highway and the typical shuttle service is provided as part of the hotel's service.

The room was spacious and well equipped, with the typical ammenities. It also had a couch and coffee table. The bed was very comfortable and clean.

The interior of the hotel is designed around a modern minimalist theme. The bar is located in the main foyeur and expands out into a wide seating area. The main desk is beyond this from the main door. I'd personally have prefered the bar in a separate area due to the use of dim atmospheric lighting, which made the lobby feel a little oppressive. It also grew a little roudy on several nights, which I'd not expect from this class of hotel. I found this to be off-putting when entering the hotel at night.

The bar was reasonably efficient and offers 'bar snack' type dinner and lunch options. The table service in this area was lacking, slow and under-staffed I felt. The restaurant however was very good. A little informal for the menu and cost, with boothes and small tables, but sufficient. The service was very friendly and quirky, the waiters a little eccentric, but I enjoyed their banter. The food was excellent. Breakfast was also good, but you receive a continental buffet breakfast unless you're willing to pay an extra $6 for a full cooked breakfast, which I felt was asking a little much. I'd expect a full breakfast at this price, considering what extra it offered in the upgrade.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank taucias
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Bid on a 3 star room in Herndon, VA on Priceline in the 3 star category. Offered $39 per night. I was assigned a room here for two nights.

Great value! Rack rate is $199 per night I believe.

This hotel is located in the midst of several office buildings in what seems to be a largely technology oriented office park.

Parking is free (surprisingly).

Check-in was very fast, we were assigned a king room on the 11th floor. We did check in about 2 hours before check-in time, and the front desk didn't even mention it at all.

The room is a great value for the money. Sitting area, very modern granite counters, etc. Very clean rooms.

Very quiet for the most part. The walls seem a little thin, you could hear people, but lucky for us there was hardly anyone on our floor.

No free wifi access, they had Tmobile hotspot for $9.99 per day.

The pool/hot tub and exercise room looked pretty adequate, all though we did not use them.

There is a beautiful garden/courtyard area outside the hotel, with a tacky AstroTurf putting green.

There is a bar and restaurant at the hotel. Both were very expensive. There are plenty of very good restaurants around town, I would recommend going out to eat.

Great value for 39 dollars!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JustinH
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Good hotel, comfortable and clean suite, professional staff and we got a good rate through Hotwire.

I'd stay at the Hyatt Dulles again, but avoid the restaurant because of its high prices, limited choices and small portions. This hotel caters to business travelers with expense accounts, not necessarily families on a budget. No other restaurants nearby, so unless you are willing to drive, you're stuck.

Our party of four spent nearly as much on one meal as we did on two rooms for one night.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank PatACalifornia
Reviewed 23 August 2008

This Hyatt impresses with a super comfortable king-size bed and spacious room including a separate seating area. The free Dulles airport shuttle arrived quickly and check-in is efficient. Enjoyed great service during a pleasant breakfast included in our rate. The lobby bar is a nice spot for drinks and tasty cocktails. Our package included free shuttle service to & from the National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Where else can you stay and see a Space Shuttle after breakfast? (Not forgetting Concorde and probably the world’s best aviation museum). This Hyatt is great choice when flying via Dulles Airport; particularly if combined with a visit to the Smithsonian’s new(ish) Air & Space Museum complex.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2008

We were looking for a hotel close to Dulles instead of waking up family members we were visiting as we were arriving after 12:30 a.m. . The idea was to get some sleep, have some breakfast, and begin our visit. Hyatt Dulles worked for us. Price at Hotwire was great. Room was being remodeled, but quiet and comfortable. Lobby was very nice. Late night clerk/concierge was terrific. Coffee in the room was single cup brew, so we took turns instead of having coffee together. Restaurant and lobby cafe was pricier than we wanted to pay so we drove down to the Chantilly area and found lots of places. We'd stay again if arriving late night.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2008

I had a excellent experience at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and a good size. I also ate Breakfast and dinner at there restaurant Elements. The breakfast buffet was a great bargain with an Omelette to order station. I also had a great dinner there and to my surprise a visit from the executive chef just to see how my meal was. I had the crabcakes. Some of the best I have ever had.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Dulles? Share your experiences!