“No hot shower - says it all!”

Hyatt Regency Dulles
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We were only staying at this airport hotel for one night as we had a very early flight. Got in after a full day of sightseeing and ordered room service. The food was barely edible - unusual for a Hyatt. Both the veggie panini and fries had a very weird taste like it was cooked in bad oil or oil that had cooked fish or something, and was just huge chunks of zucchini with no herbs, sauce or taste. My friend's chicken quesadilla tasted like very old chicken. Yuck! They did give us a partial credit when I complained. Then I went to take a shower and no hot water there or in the sink. They offered to move us but it was 11:00 pm and we were all undressed and leaving at 6:00 am. My sheets had rips in them and the alarm clock didn't even have an LED that was visible in the dark so you would have to turn the lights on to see the time. In the morning when checking out I told the woman we needed the shuttle to the airport and when we went to the front to get on it, the driver was driving away and had not even checked inside for other passengers so we had to wait for the next one. Plenty of other hotels near Dulles so I wouldn't use this one.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 October 2009

We've recently stayed at this hotel after arriving from a transatlantic flight. Courtesy busses are frequent as we just missed one but did not have to wait too long for the next.
Staff all very friendly and helpful with quick and efficient check-in.
Lovely room with one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in.
Although we were facing the road and the airport, the soundproofing in the room was excellent.
Good breakfast in the morning although maybe a bit pricey.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2009

A real surprise. The lobby was pretty normal Hyatt, but the room was really very nice. Clean and nicely furnished, and really didn't feel like an airport hotel at all. Room was well planned, half had a comfortable sitting area, the other half a large comfortable bed. Area was divided by a huge flat screen TV. Chekin/out staff very helpful and polite. Was able to grab an early breakfast in the lobby and the hotel bus took me to the airport for my 7am flight,

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Low weekend rates - but not worth the musty/moldy stench in our King suite room. Change of bed linens and pillows was no help. Could not sleep the odor was so strong.
The room furniture and TV are old.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I really enjoyed my stay here. Large rooms and extremely well maintained. Close to the airport and easy to access the highways.

Large rooms, good work areas and good Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2009

I stayed here one night (actually about 5 hours) while waiting to fly out of Dulles. The room was beautiful and sparkling clean! It had a large flat panel TV and a big comfy king bed. Front desk staff was extremely courteous. Based on my short stay I don't know how it could have been better.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2009

Triple sheeted beds, thin down (or convincing synthetic) blanket, nice pillows.

The room layout is perpendicular to that in most hotels -- the long dimension is the one with the windows. In a room with a king bed, a bureau topped by a rotating TV separates the room into halves, with the bed and bathroom on one half and a sofa and the desk on the other. Each half gets it own large window. It's probably not as space efficient as most layouts, but I REALLY like it.

It's visible from the Dulles toll road, but somewhat inconvenient to get to. Call for directions.

Free surface parking, and they'll let you park for up to 14 days following a stay.

Desk had a Herman Miller Aeron chair, but NOT the highly adjustable Aeron, so it won't lock in an upright position (which I find annoying).

Both wired and wireless net available, $10 each, wireless is by T-mobile. Free printing to the front desk via printme.com.

Our bathtub had some missing enamel that had turned to large rust spots -- I'm startled that the hotel would continue to rent that room when occupancy is a low as it was when I was there.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank zippy47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Dulles? Share your experiences!