“Got Married here!!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Got Married here!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

I really have no freaking clue why so many people put neutral to negative reviews here. I am born and raised a Northern Virginian, who are known to be high-maintenance and materialistic people. And I have to say, this place is fantastic.

My husband and I had our ceremony in the gorgeous little garden/patio! The gazebo is perfection. All of our photos are so beautiful. I literally only had to buy 2 floral arrangements to add to the ceremony (just because I wanted my own flowers there). It didn't need much in addition. Then our guests had cocktail hour in the newly renovated lobby/bar... which everyone raved about. And the reception followed in the grand ballroom. We had 185 guests and we all fit spaciously and drank the night away.

I stayed the first night in the hotel in 2 joined rooms, one with a king bed & pull-out couch & the other with doubles. My bridesmaids had a fabulous stay & enjoyed tons of perks from the bell hops, wedding coordinators & any one else we asked. An Ipod dock was delivered to our room while we got ready. Room service was speedily delivered (which was super yummy). Any time we needed something, i.e. champagne glasses, it was brought within minutes. I was SUCH a chill and relaxed bride... thanks to the amazing service these people provided. Thanks Kathy & Yvonne, again and again.

As for the food... YUMMMMM. I think you're crazy if you didn't enjoy it. My guests were definitely complimenting for weeks to come after the wedding. My husband and I were in 7th heaven when we returned to our RIDICULOUSLY awesome suite at midnight to find champagne, chocolate covered strawberries AND fresh club sandwiches... on the house. Plasma tv and sitting room, dining room... and plasma in the bedroom with huge bathroom ... the king sized bed was SO comfy ... I was breathless. It was so nice! What a beautiful way to end a wonderful weekend with our family/friends... I will ALWAYS recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Although... only thing I could think of that would annoy anyone about this hotel... the constant planes flowing overhead. It's not really even noticeable inside of the hotel... but outside, of course it's annoying. My wedding video has it happening every 5-10 min's during the ceremony lol. But oh well :)

• Stayed July 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Brookline, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

We were only staying at this airport hotel for one night as we had a very early flight. Got in after a full day of sightseeing and ordered room service. The food was barely edible - unusual for a Hyatt. Both the veggie panini and fries had a very weird taste like it was cooked in bad oil or oil that had cooked fish or something, and was just huge chunks of zucchini with no herbs, sauce or taste. My friend's chicken quesadilla tasted like very old chicken. Yuck! They did give us a partial credit when I complained. Then I went to take a shower and no hot water there or in the sink. They offered to move us but it was 11:00 pm and we were all undressed and leaving at 6:00 am. My sheets had rips in them and the alarm clock didn't even have an LED that was visible in the dark so you would have to turn the lights on to see the time. In the morning when checking out I told the woman we needed the shuttle to the airport and when we went to the front to get on it, the driver was driving away and had not even checked inside for other passengers so we had to wait for the next one. Plenty of other hotels near Dulles so I wouldn't use this one.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

We've recently stayed at this hotel after arriving from a transatlantic flight. Courtesy busses are frequent as we just missed one but did not have to wait too long for the next.
Staff all very friendly and helpful with quick and efficient check-in.
Lovely room with one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in.
Although we were facing the road and the airport, the soundproofing in the room was excellent.
Good breakfast in the morning although maybe a bit pricey.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

A real surprise. The lobby was pretty normal Hyatt, but the room was really very nice. Clean and nicely furnished, and really didn't feel like an airport hotel at all. Room was well planned, half had a comfortable sitting area, the other half a large comfortable bed. Area was divided by a huge flat screen TV. Chekin/out staff very helpful and polite. Was able to grab an early breakfast in the lobby and the hotel bus took me to the airport for my 7am flight,

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

Low weekend rates - but not worth the musty/moldy stench in our King suite room. Change of bed linens and pillows was no help. Could not sleep the odor was so strong.
The room furniture and TV are old.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

I really enjoyed my stay here. Large rooms and extremely well maintained. Close to the airport and easy to access the highways.

Large rooms, good work areas and good Wi-Fi.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

I stayed here one night (actually about 5 hours) while waiting to fly out of Dulles. The room was beautiful and sparkling clean! It had a large flat panel TV and a big comfy king bed. Front desk staff was extremely courteous. Based on my short stay I don't know how it could have been better.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Dulles? Share your experiences!