We recently spent 4 nights at this location. Having stayed at Staybridge Suites in the past we were a little disappointed with our stay. I have to admit we had high expectations because of the excellent service and quality we have experienced at other Staybridge locations. There was nothing out-right unacceptable but there was a lot of room for improvements.
-Nice quite location. The area seems very safe and is nearly silent, especially at night. Don't worry about the close location to the airport. We never noticed air traffic sounds. You are only a few miles from every sort of restaurant, bank, store and service needed. Nothing is really walking distance however.
-The rooms have a full kitchen with dishwasher, stove top, microwave, full sized refrigerator with pots, pans, and dishes.
-The separate bedroom provides an "at home" feel and provides plenty of room for work and leisure.
-Breakfast is provided each morning. An evening reception is provide Tuesday thru Thursday evenings.
-A free shuttle service will take you anywhere within a five mile radius.
-The rooms are dated. While not problematic they lack the luster of a new location. Furnishings are nicked and scratched. The rooms do not have flat-screen, current televisions. The rooms were well cleaned they are just needing a face life soon. I felt like I was in a hotel from the 90's.
-The internet service is horrible. I have spent dozens of nights in hotels this year and this location had the WORST internet possible. It was almost unusable. It reminded me of the days of using "dial up."
-The exterior is also ready for some elbow grease. Rotting wood, flaking paint, and rust were common. The walkways were muddy in several places after a light rain.
-The food service was very poor. We were left feeling like "scavengers." There was almost an atmosphere of competition to get a bite to eat. The food was poorly stocked. The amount of food was not nearly adequate for the number of guests. I am glad I didn't pay extra for the food or I would have been greatly disappointed. I would say the food service was the low point of our stay.
-Don't expect upgrades if you are a Priority Club Platinum Member. We asked during the reservation process and again upon our arrival. We were told no rooms were available. The occupancy rates seemed very slow during our visit and so I suspect they did have upgraded rooms available.
SUMMARY: If you want a convenient place to stay that is clean and provides basic service you may be happy here. If you are accustomed to the higher quality available at some Staybridge locations you will probably be disappointed. I'd say check the price and if you are a budget traveler this may work for you. It is really unfortunate that this location has so much potential yet misses the mark in several areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Herndon/ Dulles is conveniently located 4 miles from the Dulles Airport and 25 miles from downtown Washington DC, with easy access to the Dulles Toll Road (Route 267), I-495, Route. 28 & Route 66. The hotel has a free airport shuttle that operates daily within a 5-mile radius from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm. Enjoy our extended stay hotel with exterior guest suite entrances and spacious one bedroom and two bedroom/two bath suites. Stay connected via our free high-speed Internet access in each suite and the business center. At this Staybridge Suites, relax by the outdoor swimming pool, exercise in our fitness center, shoot hoops in the SportCourt, or grill on our BBQ. Pets allowed for fee see pet policy. Join us daily for a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Join us for The Social Tuesday - Thursday evenings for complimentary beer, wine and light fare. Shop nearby at Tysons Corner, Fair Oaks Mall, Reston Town Center, and Leesburg outlets. The hotel is convenient to numerous businesses, the Smithsonian museums, battlefields and wineries located in the Washington DC area. Whether staying for business, pleasure or relocation, the caring staff at the Staybridge Suites Herndon/ Dulles is ready to welcome you! Get comfortable while visiting the Herndon, Reston, Chantilly, and Dulles Airport areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Staybridge Suites Dulles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Dulles Hotel Herndon
- Staybridge Suites Herndon
- Dulles Staybridge Suites