“Very nice, roomy and clean”

Staybridge Suites Dulles
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The suites were just as shown. The inside has been remodeled, beautifully. The kitchen was stocked with supplies, the refrigerator was clean, and the beds were very comfy. They even have a life-guard on duty at the pool. The free breakfast was hot and had a great variety of choices.
They accommodated our large group, except for towels. We had everything we needed to cook, or grill and the beds were great. With 6 in a room, extra towels would have been nice.
Overall a great place to stay, especially if you need more than one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeachtravelerEast

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We spent two nights here on business. The location is perfect since our office was just acrss the street. large kitchen area and TV with DVD player. close to airport and restaurants and shopping. Friendly staff and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The room was great. However, the high speed Internet was anything but high speed. I finally gave up doing the work I needed to do. I tried both wireless in my room and using the business center. The "free breakfast" left something to be desired. The eggs were tasteless and the choice of fresh fruit was severely lacking.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Coming from Germany to Washington I stayed just for one night but it was a great stay. Free shuttle bus from the airport, friendly welcome, comfortable room with full kitchen, living room and sleeping room. Comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Only one thing bothered me was the reconstruction of the rooms below my apartment - had to take my bag upstairs and got very dirt. The outside stairs were very dusty and I took it into my suite. The construction work started on Saturday morning shortly after 8 - so also a little bit early after a long flight...Breakfast was ok - free internet didn't work because the connection was to weak - we work on that was the answer.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We decided to sleep over near Washington Dulles airport for one night, on our way to catch our connecting flight back home.
After having toured the USA for a month we experienced this hotel as the most pleasant hotel we stayed at. Our only regret was that we did not plan to stay longer.
They provide a complimentary shuttle from the airport and the reception staff was found to be very friendly and efficient. This hotel is located in a quiet area and the rooms were found to be immaculate clean. The two bedroom unit we stayed in, was ideal for a family of four. It also contains a living room and a fully equipped kitchen.
They also provide a nice complimentary breakfast.
The shuttle was also available to drop us off at the nearby shopping centre where we had dinner. We were informed to just give the front desk a call after dinner, and they would send the shuttle to collect us again. After our meal we called the hotel, but were informed that the shuttle had been sent to the airport and was caught up in heavy traffic, and was delayed for an indefinite period. We then made the decision to take the 15 minute walk back to the hotel in sub zero temperature. Upon our arrival at the hotel we were partially frozen and were received in a very sympathetic and apologetic way by the staff member on duty at the front desk. Out of sympathy he offered us each a free...................ice cream (no joke), that my daughter and I gladly accepted.(seriously!)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

As a Priority Club elite member, i've stayed in a number of Staybridge properties. This is the first I've been at that wasn't built as a Staybridge. Staff told me it had been a Summerfield Suites previously, but the apartment style layout screamed that it had been an early Residence Inn. When I realized how old this property was I did get nervous. In my experience early Residence Inns tend to be maintenance hogs and part of the reason why Marriott moved away from the design.

Check in staff was gracious. My status was recognized, and upgrade offered without asking, which can be rare in IHG properties. I was notified that renovations were ongoing.

The building my suite was in seemed to be in good repair, but sadly in need of a fresh coat of paint. The suite itself was in a similar state. Decent shape. Signs of partial upgrades in the past. Microwave and cooktop replaced, but dishwasher and refrigerator were original. Looked clean, but my white socks picked up plenty of dirt from the carpet. Hopefully it will be replaced in the renovations.

The wired Internet access connected easily, but like others I was unable to get the wireless to connect. The breakfast was good, with plenty of choices. However, there was a huge difference in upkeep of the breakfast area between Saturday and Sunday. Obviously fewer staff working, tables were left dirty, we had to clean our own before sitting.

Overall there's nothing that would prevent me from staying here again. Located in a business park, they were a great value on the weekend. But be sure to ask for a renovated room!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank pja48142
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We recently spent 4 nights at this location. Having stayed at Staybridge Suites in the past we were a little disappointed with our stay. I have to admit we had high expectations because of the excellent service and quality we have experienced at other Staybridge locations. There was nothing out-right unacceptable but there was a lot of room for improvements.

PROS:
-Nice quite location. The area seems very safe and is nearly silent, especially at night. Don't worry about the close location to the airport. We never noticed air traffic sounds. You are only a few miles from every sort of restaurant, bank, store and service needed. Nothing is really walking distance however.

-The rooms have a full kitchen with dishwasher, stove top, microwave, full sized refrigerator with pots, pans, and dishes.

-The separate bedroom provides an "at home" feel and provides plenty of room for work and leisure.

-Breakfast is provided each morning. An evening reception is provide Tuesday thru Thursday evenings.

-A free shuttle service will take you anywhere within a five mile radius.

CONS:

-The rooms are dated. While not problematic they lack the luster of a new location. Furnishings are nicked and scratched. The rooms do not have flat-screen, current televisions. The rooms were well cleaned they are just needing a face life soon. I felt like I was in a hotel from the 90's.

-The internet service is horrible. I have spent dozens of nights in hotels this year and this location had the WORST internet possible. It was almost unusable. It reminded me of the days of using "dial up."

-The exterior is also ready for some elbow grease. Rotting wood, flaking paint, and rust were common. The walkways were muddy in several places after a light rain.

-The food service was very poor. We were left feeling like "scavengers." There was almost an atmosphere of competition to get a bite to eat. The food was poorly stocked. The amount of food was not nearly adequate for the number of guests. I am glad I didn't pay extra for the food or I would have been greatly disappointed. I would say the food service was the low point of our stay.

-Don't expect upgrades if you are a Priority Club Platinum Member. We asked during the reservation process and again upon our arrival. We were told no rooms were available. The occupancy rates seemed very slow during our visit and so I suspect they did have upgraded rooms available.

SUMMARY: If you want a convenient place to stay that is clean and provides basic service you may be happy here. If you are accustomed to the higher quality available at some Staybridge locations you will probably be disappointed. I'd say check the price and if you are a budget traveler this may work for you. It is really unfortunate that this location has so much potential yet misses the mark in several areas.

Room Tip: If you need to use laundry or want to be close to the common areas try to ask for a room in a nearby...