“Friendly and easy going”

Staybridge Suites Dulles
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Friendly and easy going”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for around 35 days, two bedroom apartment.
The staff are very friendly and easy going.
The 2 bedroom is fair to fit around 6 people easily.
The area where the hotel is is great, it has many restaurants; firehouse subs, Taco Bell, Wendy's, mcdonalds, 7-eleven, cvs, sushi, and the list goes on. These places are around 2-3 minutes by car only.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank GAbouS
Evan W, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with our hotel and approve of the staff, location, and amenities. We work hard to provide the best customer service to all of our guests. Your long-term business with us is most appreciated. Should you find yourself back in the DC metro area, we would love to have you again as our guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Conveniently located near Dulles Airport and numerous tech businesses, this hotel should be on the top of your list for a long term stay. When I booked the hotel on-line, I thought it was going to have a layout similar to my favorite hotel in DC, the Staybridge in McLean, VA, which has all of its rooms in the same building. This property looks like its surroundings, it has an office with the guest rooms in "townhouse" outbuildings. For a long term stay, that is exactly what you want. You have direct access to your room which is located on very well manicure lawns. The LTS guest probably doesn't need to go to the breakfast bar every morning or the manager's reception every night. The short-term guest does. The staff was very courteous and professional at both check in and check out. When I returned home, I did noticed that my bill had different rates for each day and the sales tax and hotel tax were the same for all days. I called and they made the correction. The food was just OK. Most breakfast bars are the same, however, the Staybridge chain should seriously consider replacing the factory-made "omelete" with another egg dish. The workout room was small, but the equipment was new and in good condition. It was not vey busy during my stay. When the weather gets colder, I assume it will become more crowded. The rooms were brand new, comfortable and extremely clean. They were very spacious and I certainly was able to spread out. The internet connection was very good, but the television channels were severely limited. There was amble parking and I was able to park very close to my room each night. When I return to the area, I will not stay at this hotel because I do not want to make the long walk outside to get breakfast. I will probably go back to the nearby Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the street.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UCityMark
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We value your thorough and positive assessment of our property. It is understandable that our hotel layout may not exactly fit everyone's preferences, but we greatly appreciate your booking with us. Should you ever be in need of long-term accommodations in the future, we would love to have you back as our guest.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Complete and total awesomeness!!!

This is undoubtedly the best IHG property I have ever stayed on, bar none. The lobby has stairs to the suites as soon as you walk in, front desk to the left, chairs to the center in the front and dining in the back, gym to the right, and the breakfast bar and FREE (yes, FREE) beer taps on the right, along with the countertops for free wine and the free dinners. Free dinner is from 5:30 to 7:30pm Tuesday through Thursday.

The property itself is huge! Has to be close to 200 units altogether. I stayed in a suite for my business trip, and it is just like living in an apartment. king sized bed, spacious bedroom with HDTV, full bathroom with large sink in the center, bathroom to the right, and a nice sized walk in closet to the left of the sink.

The living area is quite large in itself with another HDTV, sectional sofa bed, and a computer desk against the center wall. The kitchen is a full kitchen, with refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, stove, microwave, oven top, and nice sized counters, with cooking utensils, coffee maker complete with everything, as well as silverware.

Highly urged and recommended to anyone staying in the Herndon area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave K
North Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We recently stayed three nights with our two grandchildren and our stay was pleasant, the hotel staff friendly. We had a two bedroom unit which was roomy enough for all four of us. The beds were comfortable and sleeping was easy as it was very quiet. We had a small kitchen area which was convenient. We were about 25 miles from DC and found the drive in easy with only moderate traffic. The only real negative was that the parking was a little tight and there were only 2 bath towels in each bathroom and with 4 people that seemed a little skimpy. Otherwise, nice stay and priced right.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Livin-Large2012
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The location was good for us, close to Dulles and reasonably priced. The parking seemed a little tight but then again when moving your daughter in a Uhaul truck, everything is tight. The room was quiet and well appointed. The bed was of good quality and the room was clean. This is the first time that I have stayed here and I would stay here in the future. The layout seems to be more for persons staying weeks at a time with a useful kitchen. There was also happy hour in the evening and a complimentary breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is great! We had a two bedroom/two bath unit with a kitchen. The kitchen is small, but fine for a week or so stay. It is well-equipped with supplies. I like the sofa in the living room with a chaise attached. The cable TV has more than the normal channels (I was surprised they offered the Oprah Winfrey Network--bonus!). My dog loved that there is a window that goes to the ground in the living room...he likes to lay there and watch people go by. The beds were comfortable. There was a desk in the living room and another in one of the bedrooms. The unit was clean.

We had a dog with us and there are so many safe places to walk. There are sidewalks and numerous adjoining residential and commercial properties. The ONLY thing I didn't like is the significant charge ($75) to bring a dog. Unfortunately, this is becoming the norm with hotels.

It is important to note that there are no elevators, so if you can't walk the stairs (there are two floors), you must request a first floor suite. The property gives registered users a parking permit, which you must display, or your vehicle may be towed.

There is a washer and dryer (non-coin) available for guests. I did not use the exercise room, but it looked nice.

The breakfast was good, with a nice variety. What really surprised me was the evening reception (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings). The night I was there, they brought in Domino's pizza and wings, and had salad and cookies, plus soft drinks, beer, and wine. It was the nicest evening reception I've attended at any hotel chain.

There is a shopping center a few blocks away with a grocery store, several fast food outlets, and a drug store.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I plan to stay here again soon while I have work done on my house.

Room Tip: First floor suites are a requirement if you can't walk stairs (no elevator), but they tend to be...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We planned a family trip to D.C. (two adults and four children) and wanted something larger so we could spread out a bit. It had to be reasonably close to the nearest Metro station so we could take the train in each day and avoid driving. I have to say we were overjoyed with what we found when we checked in. Everything was exactly as the website said it would be. Our room was perfect and we really saved money with both the complimentary breakfast and having a full kitchen to prepare our own meals. Two bathrooms saved our lives (two teenage girls) and the separate bedrooms allowed all six of us to get a good nights sleep as the boys slept on the pull out sofa in the living room (which they actually said was comfortable).

We were fortunate that the Silver Line opened the day prior to our arrival and the closest station (Wiehle-Reston East) to the hotel was only 5.1 miles away which allowed the hotel shuttle van to take us each morning and pick us up every evening upon return. As this was new to both us and the hotel drivers, there was some confusion on the first day, but the entire staff showed themselves to be complete professionals and bent over backwards to work with us on drop-off's and pick-up's. These guys totally went out of their way to ensure we were where we needed to be when we asked. The delightful staff was a positive constant throughout our stay. I have to say that I have had much worse customer service at much more expensive hotels so this particular hotel will be on my must-stay list the next time we find ourselves in the D.C. area.

On another note, the National Air and Space Annex is located five miles away from the hotel. This is a must-see if you visit and it's convenience to the hotel made it easy. As we drove, access to Dulles Airport was less of a concern, but if you are flying in, this place would be perfect as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family