“Food is 5 star - outstanding”
Review of Thai Tada

Thai Tada
Ranked #20 of 229 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2014

It is truly the best Thai I have ever had. Start at the top of the menu work your way down. Good for lunch as well as dinner. There is one fantastic chef that is so connected with the timing of adding ingredients. You can tell that cooking Thai goes way beyond following a recipe. Herndon/Reston has many good Thai restaurants. I really like them all. I recommend trying the other Thai cuisines. Some are sweeter and others more spicy. The service can be hit or miss. The decoy is average. I go the bar. The opener and bar tender (Noo Noo) is the heart of this place. I should give the over all experience a 4 - but the food is so fantastic it deserve a 5.
Not all the entrees reheat week. Ask the owner what dishes are great for lunch the nest day because the portions are huge for the reasonably priced menu.

1  Thank Rudi R

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Food was pretty good, thank goodness they had curry for someone like me who can't handle spicy. Service was pretty bad, after given food we were ignored for most of the time. Not a great experience, but not a bad experience either.

1  Thank Annie H
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I'm not a huge Tai fan (can't do a lot of heat) but I'm new to Herndon and haven't found a great Chinese place. The reviews for Thai Tada were good so I gave it a try and was very happy. The pad thai was the absolute best I've ever had. The sauce was killer and the portion was huge.It made 3 meals for me!
Also had the steamed dumplings which were a little different from Chinese dumplings but very good. The dipping sauce that came with them was delish.
Service was prompt and everyone was very pleasant. People at the bar were friendly and everyone said it's a great place.
I'll definitely go back...I'll need some more of that Pad Thai soon!

1  Thank melstero
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Greeted friendly and quickly sat down. Service great (actually it was excellent!) throughout night. Mai Tai's were excellent...top shelf and not too sweet. Chicken pad thai, crispy duck (#39), and whole flounder all superb. Mistakenly ate a red hot pepper and knew that fast, but another drink helped with that. "Left over" drinks in the container replenished the others drinks. All staff very friendly. Nice bar area. Noise levels mostly very quiet. The flounder was very large. Looking forward to the leftovers.

1  Thank findwine
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just flew in to Dulles from overseas and needed a quick bite before crashing. This was just the spot! My wife ate light, soup and a veggie dish. I was hungry and went for their special duck. Wonderful! The crispness was terrific. Add to it prompt, friendly service and we were happy.

1  Thank KitVirginiaBeach