“Fantastic Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Having lived in Thailand for six months, I can be picky about Thai food anywhere outside of Thailand. That said, I thought the food (specifically the Penang curry) at Thai Luang was delicious. The service was great (they were on top of it, and we were a party of eight or so), and the prices were what you'd expect for this type of restaurant, in this area (around $14 or so for an entrée at dinner).

Highly recommend if you like Thai food and would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

and every meal has been excellent! The Crying Tiger is mouth-watering, the Crispy Duck is marvelous, and the Pad Thai is the best in the DC area. A great dessert combination is Thai Custard with coconut ice cream.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. my only complaint is there is not enough space; the gym the tables in so close together, but I guess they just want to maximize profit. Can't blame them in a town where there are several Thai restaurants. Anyway, best Thai food in the area!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My wife and I had lunch with a friend and it was outstanding. Good company, great food in a pleasant venue, albeit small. They are well regarded for their crispy duck and with good reason, it is the best I have had outside Thailand. My wife had chicken with Thai basil and our friend had Pad Thai. We've eaten there several times and have never been disappointed - highly recommended. Prices not unreasonable for the quality of the food

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

This is one of the many restaurants in Herndon that closes mid afternoon before opening for dinner hours. So when I got to leave work at lunchtime, I called in a takeout order. The lady on the phone was very to the point and took my order without issue. The restaurant is very unassuming on the outside and is beautiful decorated inside. All the staff appear to be Thai and are dressed in "traditional" clothes. I was taken to the bar and my order was all ready. I was given a huge portion of chicken Pad Thai enough for two meals. It was fantastic and took me back to the three years I lived in Bangkok. I will be back.