“Excellent place to eat and enjoy your food later night.”

Amphora's Diner Deluxe
Ranked #4 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Amphora Diner Deluxe is a 24-7 establishment serving the Washington D.C. Metro area for well over 30 years. A local landmark, Amphora has been providing award winning breakfast, lunch and dinner to loyal customers serving popular dishes that are made-from-scratch daily!
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Me and my friends come later night to eat here because we love the food and the amizing service it's the only place that we enjoy it.
we love the beautiful welcome
From the handsome Manager
and the wonderful deserts!!!

1  Thank nohawit
Kerrin D, Guest Relations Manager at Amphora's Diner Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our establishment. We truly appreciate your opinion!I have shared your feedback with our head chef and restaurant management team. We hope that you will continue to dine with us.Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer them for you.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I visit the Dulles international Airport for a specific reason, at the beginning of the baseball season … I've done this for 25+ years. Each time, I visit Amphora's for breakfast. Some might say "it is tradition;" others might say "you don't know any other place." I respond, "This is the best breakfast you can get."

As a diner, it is open 24-hours a day, and you can get breakfast at any time. The food is plentiful, the coffee pot is unstoppable, the range of entrées is extensive, and the service is very good. Whether I meet friends there, or go solo, I have yet to have a bad meal.

As you might detect, the folks at Amphora should be expecting me again in late March / early April 2015. I won't need a reservation … I won't need one. But they will welcome me all the same.

1  Thank WGibson648

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Needed a place to grab something decent and varied. We had 3 kids and they need variety. Decided to give this place a try. First they sat us at a roomy table which was very helpful. The server was attentive. We got drinks that were served in small cups with lids for the kids - why don't more places do this? I had the chopped salad with slovaki and Greek yogurt. It was great. The chicken cordon blu also got thumbs up. The children's menu had roast beef to hot dogs and both were good. The kids loved selecting their desserts from the display case. Everyone got what they wanted. I tasted the carrot cake and while good, I have had better. The server helped with taking the desserts back for later enjoyment. Overall, this was just right for the dinner. Not a fine restaurant but exactly what we needed. I would go back.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We are frequent diners at Amphora, despite inconsistent experiences. Sometimes I would rate it a 4, sometimes a 2. Food is generally pretty good. Service is often indifferent. It can be very noisy. Overall, I would (and do) go back.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Amphora DD is little offset from Elden street that you may miss the road, watch. ADD has good flavors tasty rich food made with care and have concerns on the diners to check a few times of their food and needs, make them to stay on top of all ratings.

Pros: Ambiance, flavor, fresh, big portions, care, service.
Cons: napkins under the beverage cups (cost cutting?)

I would highly recommend this place to all and try once.