“Nice airport hotel, spacious rooms.”

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I used this hotel to relax & refresh during a long layover at IAD airport.

I found the staff to be friendly and the rooms spacious, clean, and quiet.

As an HHonors Diamond, I was given Executive Lounge access. There, service was great and breakfast food was fantastic: scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, crispy bacon, and delicious pastries...along with assorted fruit juices. You could also help yourself to coffee, soda, and bottled water.

Airport shuttle was fast and timely.

I would definitely stay here again if in the IAD area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Michael,

I would like to thank you, not only for such a fantastic review, but also for being loyal to the Hilton brand. Congratulations on your HHonors Diamond member status! I am very pleased to know you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! We strive to exceed the expectations of each and every one of our guests, and I am glad we were able to do that for you. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will be welcoming you back very soon!

Greg Langweg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent business traveler. There is a convenient shuttle from Dulles airport. With my surprise upgrade, my room was quite spacious and comfortable. The staff is friendly and responsive. They seem to really want you to have a good stay. This is definitely not the case everywhere. The concierge lounge (for Hilton Honors members) is fantastic. They provide a full breakfast, light dinner with cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day. Our host, Angela, went out of her way to get soy milk for my breakfast because of my dairy allergy. The Hilton Dulles is my go-to hotel when I'm in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

I am so thrilled to know you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for your compliments of Angela! Your kind words have been passed along to her, as well as our Food & Beverage Director and our Director of Rooms. Thank you for your wonderful feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed on the business floor and had access to the hospitality suite. The breakfast in the morning was nice, as was the snacks in the evening. The room was comfortable and clean. Check in and out was a breeze. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you would definitely stay with us again! Your kind words are music to my ears, and on behalf of all of us here at the Hilton Dulles, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Whenever we go to DC to visit friends we love to stay at this hotel. The staff is always - and I do mean ALWAYS - curteous to those staying. I went to some milk for my kids after we finally checked in the first night and the lady couldn't have been more helpful. She offered cookies and even fruit for the kids as well should I want. Then the next morning the breakfast was very good. The beds are very comfortable! And even though the hotel was packed it was so quiet which is great when traveling with 2 kids so that they are comfortable enough to go to bed without being disturbed too much.
Can't wait to go back in a few weeks!!

Dear Chad,

I couldn't be more thrilled to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that we were able to exceed your expectations once again, as we have had the pleasure of doing so many times in the past. I am also very glad to hear that your children enjoyed a peaceful night's rest, even though we were very busy in the hotel during your stay. Thank you again for the fantastic feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Phones in room didn't work, and bathroom wasn't very attractive. Maybe it was clean, but it needs renovation. Service in restaurant was marginal. We used the park and fly out of IAD, and the shuttle was fine, but they don't open breakfast until 6. The exec lounge is even later, so we had to order boxes. No coffee early either. They pointed out that the box breakfast should be for a fee, but they comped it for us due to the troubles we had...

This place needs to get it together!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Oh no! I am very sorry to hear of your recent experience with us! I want to assure you that the service you received, or lack thereof, is not what we strive to provide to each guest that walks through our doors. I am happy to tell you that we are currently undergoing a rooms renovation and I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations once the renovation is complete. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel was average. The bath room was dated - ceramic tile from the 1970's. Considering the cost of the room, charging for internet on top of it seemed excessive. The hotel and restaurant staff were helpful and pleasant. The airport shuttle was a nice convenience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Bruce J
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Bruce J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in a review. I am very sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations as far as your room goes, but I am pleased to tell you that we are currently in the process of renovating our rooms, and hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

High quality. Fixed problems immediately. Bed very comfortable. Quick check in and check out. Very clean. Only problem was that I asked for a gluten free box lunch as part of the business meeting, and the lunch had a non-gluten free cookie.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kathleen G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in a review! We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the gluten item being in your boxed lunch. Your experience has been discussed with our Executive Committee to ensure this does not reoccur in the future. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Greg Langweg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!