1,971 results
All reviews the executive lounge dulles airport junior suite ox large hotel united airlines front desk staff air and space museum dc area free shuttle fitness center shuttle service cardinal amy business flight conference
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful, luxurious hotel and quite inexpensive relatively speaking. Very convenient shuttle to Dulles Airport. Great place to park the car for minimal cost of approximately $25 a week versus $25 a day at the Dulles airport garage. We have stayed before and will stay again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience at the Hilton Dulles. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and your experience, and shared them with our Executive Committee. Our goal is to always provide a comfortable and convenient stay for our guests and we are please you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel a few years ago after a massive snow storm hit the DC area. I needed a place to stay close to Dulles for a morning flight. So, when my flight was delayed leaving LAX on June 13, I was searching for a place close to Dulles to stay. My flight was arriving at 1:00AM (yea) and the car rental place was closing at 12:30AM. And on my search through Hotels.com, this place came up. Since it was the only place closer to Dulles, I took it.

I finally arrived at Dulles at 2:00AM. Of course the shuttle from the hotel was not running. So it was a $16 cab ride to the hotel. The hotels bills itself as less than three miles from the airport, but it is difficult to get to. The hotel is dated. The place is well maintained and the room was nice. It is “Ok”. There are other alternatives closer to the airport, but in a pinch, this is a good choice. Anyway, if you are an Honors member, you might want to consider this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Our stay started off on the wrong foot and only got worse. We arrived around 9:30pm, having taken the shuttle from the airport. I had a mobile key but I stopped by the front desk to get extra keys for my husband and son. The front desk clerk didn't bother telling us where the elevators were, so we hunted around for awhile until finally we had to ask someone; they're way down the hall. Once we got to the room, after taking my shoes off I noticed the carpet around the TV was all wet. My husband called the front desk to ask for extra towels to put down, but they said they'd just "upgrade" us to an executive suite on the 5F. We thought great--but it turned out the "suite" was just the same sized room with an upgraded bathroom (room 591). Since we're Gold members, we went down to the concierge lounge, where they were supposed to have snacks and drinks until 10pm. There was only fruit and a little candy, and the drink fridge was barely half full. My son got a hot cocoa from the espresso machine and brought it back to the room. He drank most of it, but left it on the nightstand and fell asleep (it was a lidded cup). We woke up the next morning (Father's Day) to discover ANTS SWARMING ALL OVER the cup and the nightstand. A rude awakening. I texted the front desk about it through the app (to leave a record) then stopped by on our way to breakfast, since apparently they no longer offer breakfast in the concierge lounge on weekends--another surprise. Thankfully, the front desk clerk immediately apologized and asked what she could do to make up for the problem, so we suggested they return the 27K points we spent on the stay. She said they would do that, and I gather it will take 24-48 hours for them to show up in my account, so I'm hoping they will make good on this. In the meantime I got a cryptic text this morning on my phone asking "How is your stay so far?" Really? Yesterday we checked out using the room phone (since there is no check out option on the app--another surprise with Hilton compared to other large hotel chains). After all this and they still think we're there? There were problems at breakfast as well--the tables weren't completely cleaned and there was hair on ours when we arrived. I was so disappointed by the lack of thorough cleaning and service on so many levels. We will not return to this hotel, and it makes me think twice about Hilton in general. We've been far happier with Marriott and SPG stays at multiple locations. This was supposed to be a full-service hotel, but they can't even maintain extermination/barrier standards for guests with a drink on a nightstand. What would happen if we'd had room service?

Room Tip: Executive "suite" appeared to be just a regular double bedded room with an upgraded bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience at Hilton Dulles. We take your concerns very seriously and appreciate you letting us know what happened during your stay. Your comments have been shared with our Executive Committee. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

It's rare that I rate a Hilton hotel less than a "4 or 5" on Trip Advisor, but I was disappointed with my stay at the Hilton Washington Dulles Airport.

Typically, when I have an early flight out of Dulles, I stay at the Embassy Suites near the airport. But when I saw that the Hilton Washington Dulles Airport hotel had an executive lounge, AND that it was open over the weekend, I decided to stay there. Imagine my disappointment when I learned, at check in, that the lounge was not in service over the weekend (translation, you could go in to get bottled water or soda, but no evening appetizers, etc.) I was given a voucher good for $10 off an appetizer in the Cardinal Lounge. Sadly, though, there was only one appetizer on the menu that cost $10 or less, so you were forced to spend additional money if you wanted just one appetizer (in the executive lounge, presumably there would have been several options.) Also, it was only good "to go" unless you ordered a drink and additional food in the Cardinal Lounge.

I wish the website had noted the lounge would be closed when I booked my room this week, as I would have gone elsewhere.

Additionally, by the next morning, the executive lounge was out of bottled water. Further, the wifi did not "carry" well throughout the property and I only had a really good signal in my hotel room.

I'm sure this hotel is otherwise GREAT, but I was underimpressed with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Another Great Stay at this hotel. I have stayed here many times and the staff is great. Especially for Hilton Members. A great lounge and a great restaurant/bar area. Rooms are spacious and updated. Service is very good!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business