“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Montreal
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We stayed at the Hampton in for one night on our way to Myrtle Beach from Montreal. After a very long day of driving we were very pleased when we arrived at this hotel. What a gem. The hotel is beautiful, very modern and very clean. We all enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. The pool area was very clean and well kept and there was even a lifeguard which we are not used to seeing in a hotel. The buffet breakfast was nice and the eating area was lovely. The only negative thing I can think of is that we couldn't stay longer! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2009

This Hotel has 5 Star Class!
The Hotel, Rooms, Business Area, Breakfast Area and Pool Area area extremely clean and the decor is very modern.
I travel extensively and this is one of the nicest Hotels I have stayed in.
The Staff were very friendly.
The Hot FREE Breakfast was Excellent!
Did I mention Clean?
The King Sized bed we slept in gave us the best Sleep we have had in years!
Well worth the Cost to stay here!
Way to go Hampton Inns!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 11 June 2009

For a great place to stay, look no further than Hampton Inns. For this class of hotel, at this price point, they are the best.

In general Hampton Inns are very well run and well maintained hotels for very reasonable prices. This one was no exception.

The decor was modern and everything was clean and very nice.

With a complimentary shuttle to Dulles Airport and a great, complimentary breakfast in the morning, this is an excellent choice for any type of travel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 June 2009

I stayed at this hotel based on reviews that I saw on tripadvisor, and I was not disappointed. Very nicely decorated, clean, and good value. It has the feel of a much more expensive hotel. Granite countertops, flat screen TV's, good breakfast. You won't be disappointed. About 25 minutes from D.C. (nice drive too).

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
chicago
Reviewed 14 November 2008

My son and I had a great three night stay at the Hampton. We enjoyed everything about it. The rooms were nice and very clean. Although we didn't use it, there was a small refrigerator and microwave. The lobby was lovely. They had a teriffic complimentary breakfast buffet. And when we returned to the hotel after being out, I enjoyed complimentary hot chocolate as well as tea in the evening in the lobby. The staff was very helpful. They picked us up at the airport within 15 minutes of our calling. They also drove us to destinations within 3 miles of the hotel. We visited the Reston Town Center several times. They have some nice restaurants, a movie theatre, shops and even an outdoor ice rink. My son enjoyed the workout room and the pool/hot tub. The only complaint would be that the pool area is not open until 5:00 P.M. on weekdays. We would definetely recommend the Hampton Inn!

• Liked — The room was very clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Pool hours
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Northern CA
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I agree with the previous 5 star reviews of this Hampton Inn. I enjoy hotels that are business oriented (i.e. not many frills but great basic service), especially when the price is priced low during the weekends. The hotel was clean and inviting, close to Dulles airport, efficient check-in and breakfast service, mini-store actually had things I could want (microwave popcorn, Healthy Choice dinners, juices, etc), and the room's high-speed Internet (my lifeblood) was dependable and free.

Two minor complaints: yes, the thermostat was confusing to set, and the room rate tripled after my 3-night weekend stay so I had to move to another hotel during the workweek. This rate adjustment is consistent with other hotels in the airport area, but I hated to leave based on my cheapskate mentality, LOL. I needed to work further south towards Manassas anyway, so just went to another Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Clean, business-like surroundings
  • Disliked — Rate hikes during workweek
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
SoCal
Reviewed 16 October 2008

I've traveled all over the U.S. and am currently visiting Virginia (first time) from southern California. I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Herndon for 2 weeks prior to leaving for Iraq. Unbelievable hotel! The first thing I noticed was that everything was extremely clean. The decor in the lobby was outstanding (you gotta see the ventetian plaster on the ceiling) and the decor in my suite was modern and comfortable, not cheesy-looking like a lot of other hotels that cost the same amount. The bed was extremely comfortable and had plenty of soft pillows. I could've laid there all day. The continental breakfast was VERY good, serving several different types of coffee, teas, and a wide variety of breakfast items, not just cereal and pastries. There's plenty of tables in the lobby to eat at as well, (reminded me of a Starbucks eating area; warm and inviting) so you don't have to go down, get your food and come back to your room. They've got a nice workout facility, a hot-tub and pool, and a small shoppette to purchase various items like toiletries, etc. They also offer complimentary bicycles if you have an inkling to get out and get some fresh air.
The girls at the front desk had a great sense of humor, were knowledgable with directions and engaged in everyday small talk with their customers, not just all business. It's like you were staying with good friends!!!
Excellent hotel, very reasonable! Highly Highly Highly satisfied!
Brad V.

• Liked — Warm and inviting...the decor as well as the staff.
  • Disliked — Parking lot access
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Reston
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston? Share your experiences!