“Gave It Another Chance”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Last review wasn't ver flattering because of the service. This time much better, and the food is great. I'm back.

There are newer reviews for Lucia's

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I wrote a review last year and liked it. The pizza is still good, but the chicken wings are burnt and the meatball sub is spicy. What is the worst is their service. We went in at 7:45 pm on a Sunday. The waitress walked past our table multiple times before I finally had to ask who was serving us. Needless to say, it was her. And it all went downhill from there. Had to ask for water twice - she looked at me like I had horns growing out of my nostrils. She would take multiple orders at once, which meant a additional ten minutes to wait for the food. When we get the check, o "thank you" or even asking how it was. I would publish her name, but she would either get in trouble or, more likely, she would be the owner's daughter and nothing would even be said to her.
This place is going downhill and we will find someplace else to go.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I stopped by this restaurant for a quick dinner as we had an appointment nearby and what a mistake that was. We both had meatball sandwiches and the best thing my wife could say about it was that the bread was good. The consistency of the meatballs screamed lots of filler and little meat and the sauce had an off flavor. I had indigestion all night from my sandwich and I never have that problem with Italian food eaten elsewhere or at home. The service was atrocious and I had to flag down our waitress to get a refill of my ice tea. She seemed more concerned with standing with her back to the dining area than serving her tables. Don't waste your time at this restaurant as there are plenty of others in the area where you vcan get better food and better service.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

The pizza is good, sometimes the wait staff goofs up on timing of drinks, food and the bill. The meat ball and spaghetti is a great selection, they also have nightly specials and a happy hour that are worth checking out. The seating is a little tight, but over all there is good food value for the money.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

This review is based on one luncheon visit. Lucia's is a real find if one wants excellent Italian food and good prices. The ante pasta is as good as any that we had in Italy, and the entrees were very good and reasonably priced. The house wine (a Cabernet in our case) was well worth the price. The restaurant has little in the way of ambiance, and it is located in an out-of-the-way shopping center near Reston, Virginia. Actually, the address of Lucia's is NOT Fox Mill Road, but is 2531 John Milton Drive, just off Fox mill Road. If you are not familiar with the area, I suggest "Goggling" the restaurant for directions, etc.There appears to be a sister restaurant in Sterling Virginia.

We consider this restaurant a real find, and we will definitely return for other meals.