“Business Stay”

Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here a couple days for business. The staff was wonderful and very personable. The room was clean and very spacious. We had multiple meals during our meeting and the food was fresh and inviting. I would stay here again not only for business but for personal reasons. They had a indoor pool which would be perfect for my son. Thank you so much to the staff and keep up the good work.

1  Thank agm72012
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide excellent customer service, so are especially pleased that you found our staff wonderful. I will also forward your nice comments regarding the banquet meals you enjoyed to our chef.
We hope that you can return soon for a family getaway and enjoy our pool and whirlpool.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Dulles.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Crowne Plaza Dulles while attending a company conference held at this hotel. The entire experience exceeded my expectations. The staff was friendly and professional; the rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed; and the food was delicious. An all around great value. I would highly recommend this hotel to the business traveler.

1  Thank jzapata

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room and felt the Crowne Plaza Dulles was a great value, but we are especially pleased that our staff provided you with an exceptional experience. I will forward your nice comments to our management team so that we can acknowledge our staff.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had our annual conference of well over 100 people and this hotel was perfect! The meeting space was crisp and clean and it really was easy to get down to work. I liked the fact that all the meeting space was all on one floor and elevators to the rooms were right there– so going back to the room during the day was easy. I told our meeting planner how great it was and she said the staff was great to work with and it made her job so much easier. My room was perfect and had everything I needed. Free internet was great. They also have a Houlihan's attached to the hotel. That’s so much better than a hotel restaurant with overpriced horrible food. It snowed so being able to go to a non-hotel restaurant without having to outside was a real plus. This is not an airport hotel. This is a great hotel that just so happens to be close to an airport. Those on our team that flew in said the shuttle drivers were really nice. I drove – so the free parking was good. Oh – also there is a Starbucks across the street. For me – that’s ALWAYS a good thing.

1  Thank Ron W

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. Our goal is to ensure that every conference hosted at our hotel is a success, so we are especially pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had a productive conference. Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar is very popular with our hotel guests as well as the local community. My personal favorites are the Stuffed 'Shrooms and the Tuna Wontons.
It is important to stay connected with the office during a conference, so we are glad that you enjoyed the use of the complimentary Wi-Fi we offer throughout the hotel.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next trip to the Dulles area.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This place was really fantastic. Was my first experience using hotwire and I will probably be using their services in the future. The friendly staff made a snowed in day so much better. They kept the restaurant open, the bellman insisted on digging my car out, the room was comfortable and clean. What more could you really ask for.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bridgeda

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit despite the snowstorm. We focus on providing excellent service, so it is especially great to hear that our staff was so helpful. I will forward your comments regarding your great experiences with our staff to the management team.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back-hopefully during better weather!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was stranded in IAD for a night and booked a room for my boss and I at the Crowne Plaza. The cab ride to the hotel was quite long and I don't think the driver knew where he was going. We must've gone the back route. We didn't bother waiting for the free shuttle as we arrived so late.

Check in was easy and friendly. I was given rooms on the top floor due to my IHG gold status - as well as two breakfast vouchers. The hotel itself is large and the design a little dated, especially compared to other Crowne Plaza properties I've stayed at. The service was good though which made up for it.

The room was large and the bed was very soft. I slept well, although it was tricky to get the room temperature just right. The bathroom was stocked with very nice toiletries, although I can't remember the brand! The room had a fridge, microwave, iron etc so would've been good for a longer stay. The view I had was of a snowy, dark football pitch so not too bad.

Breakfast was good. It was in the bar attached to the hotel which was funny (especially as we left there only a few hours earlier). I was checked out automatically which was very easy. The shuttle bus to the airport leaves every 30 minutes and was very quick.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Being stranded at a airport can be a challenging experience, so we are glad that we improved your travel experience and provided you with a good stay.
We are also glad that you enjoyed the bedding and amenities in your guest room, as well as our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar and complimentary airport shuttle service. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we hope that the remainder of your return journey was pleasant.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Manager Paul Flores ably leads an excellent team delivering complete attention to detail, sincere personal concern for guests, and an extremely high quality product. Jana, Rajni and Anna at the front desk welcomed me like an old friend at check in and throughout my visit whenever I passed by their desk. Paul himself patiently explained a computer operation to me. He later visited my room with Eric to resolve a glitch in the room telephone system. During that 5 minute visit, Paul's service oriented personality shone through; he demonstrated foremost concern for the guest while Eric skillfully worked to fix the problem. This repair effort failed due to technical issues, so I was moved to an upgraded room!!

I've stayed at hundreds of hotels over the past 50 years, from palaces to dumps. In that entire time, I've almost never encountered this extraordinary level of pleasant, competent and concerned service.

The rooms are comfortable, there's a co-located restaurant and a shopping center across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
2  Thank ej f

Thank you for your review of your recent visit. We are are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Dulles. I am glad that you found our location convenient for your shopping and dining needs.
While issues do sometimes arise in hotels, how the employees resolve the issue is important. I will forward your very nice comments regarding the excellent level of customer service that you received from the front office team in resolving the phone glitch in your guest room.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Herndon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I was greeted by name, already booked in an upgraded room and presented a breakfast coupon by Paul and Jana. They remembered me and treated me special. I stay here a lot due to the good location but now I can return for the good service.

Room Tip: King and tower rooms are best
2  Thank Susan E

Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel's convenient location. We emphasize to our associates the importance of providing excellent customer service, so are especially pleased that our front desk team made you feel special during your stay. I will forward your comments to our management team so that they can recognize Paul and Jana.