“Great place to stop!”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Corning, New York
“Great place to stop!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were returning from Spring break and were having difficulty finding lodging. We looked at our route home and found the Crowne Plaza right along our route. We went to the desk and in minutes we had our room!!! Nice place - clean, quiet, VERY nice staff!!! Pool available, restaurant in the hotel as well. I would whole-heartedly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Our room was great, so I would think all others are equal to that. When checking, maybe request for...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sarah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Scott; Thank you for your wonderful review of the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel. We are so glad you found us! We appreciate you sharing your trip with us and delighted to see that our hotel was just what you were looking for. It is always nice to see our staff being recognized for their hard work and great customer service. We are very pleased to see that you found our hotel to be a perfect fit for your needs and appreciate the warm remarks and compliments for our hotel, staff, and services.

The biggest compliment is knowing that you will recommend the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel to your friends and associates as well as return should you be in the area again. Thank you again for being our guests.

Sarah
Crowne Plaza Dulles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Geneva area, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Found this place last minute since we could not board our flight ...booked it thru booking.com website 1 hour before showing up.
This was very late evening (almost midnight). Front desk people great and helpful...they extended for free our check out to 02:00PM (12:00 is standard) due to the fact our next flight was in the evening. We really appreciated.
Rooms are big ...extra clean...nice smell, coffee maker, microwave, giant TV with dozens of channels (kids, nature...etc..). There's even popcorn for microwave provided.
Incredibly quiet. There's an indoor pool and whirlpool. Only negative remark...the pool water temperature was nothing but "warm", especially since I was travelling with children.
Breakfast is top excellent.
Nearby is a Taco Bell + Wendy.
Free shuttle from/to airport.
Would definitively stay again should I be in IAD...for such a rate...top service !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your guest room, as well as our Houlihan's Restaurant and complimentary 24-hr shuttle to Dulles Airport. Many guests like yourself also enjoy our suburban location with many shops and additional restaurants within walking distance. I also will forward your suggestion regarding the pool temperature to the engineering department.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My job involves a lot of traveling. I quite often have to get a hotel in DC--near Dulles Int'l Airport--I have found that this Crown Plaza at Dulles is the best--(excellent) The rooms are very nice--and everyone working in the hotel is professional, and extremely courteous. One evening I locked myself out of my car--and the hotel staff went out of their way to help me resolve my unfortunate situation. My greatest appreciation to Paul (Manager)--and Front desk: Mark, Eddine, & Anna. Mark even went out of his way to wait outside with me when the locksmith truck arrived--to make sure I was safe. it is just such a pleasure to stay at this hotel, especially because of the entire wonderful staff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your hotel stay at our hotel. Travel is difficult enough these days without added issues like getting your keys locked in your car, so I am so pleased to hear that our staff went out of their way to help you. I will forward your nice comments regarding our front desk employees to our management team so they can acknowledge their good work.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to the Dulles area and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I and my wife stayed at the Crown Plaza - Dulles March 26-March 30, 2014. The service from check-in to check-out was abousultly the best I have experienced in a long time. Truly a feeling of being at home - people treated you as a guest and friend. At the hotel I want to specifically recognize Paul, Mark, Zandra, Benito, Jana, and Ashley. They helped in so many ways to make our stay enjoyable. I must thank the staff for providing shuttle service to another hotel where I and 4 students wwere attending a confernece - they allowed our transportation needs to be seamless - it was most appreciated. While attending the conference - they helped my wife transportation, suggested activities, and assured her of any needed service - they were there to help. The Bar/Restaurant - Houlihan's provided the same exceptional service. It is a neighbirhood bar - where everybody knows your name. Great service and price - suggest the happy hour. Special thanks to Victor and Chuck at Houlihan's. If your business or liesure travel takes you to the Dulles airport area - certainly recommend staying at the Crown Plaza - Dulles.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Our goal is to make all our guests feel like we are their home away from home, so I was especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and felt at home. I will forward your nice comments about our front desk and restaurant team members to our management team. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. I love all our appetizers and especially recommend trying the tuna wontons and fried asparagus on your next visit.
Thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza. We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to Dulles.

Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I stay in Reston all the time and needed something different. This was a great place. Quiet. Well lit. Front desk very friendly. Good location. Houlans is on site. Great food across street Starbucks, an AMC, and many restaurants. Will be staying here again on next trip.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We love to welcome new guests and are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and our convenient location. I am also glad that you liked our Houlihan's Restaurant. On your next visit, you may want to visit Houlihan's patio, which is now open for outdoor dining.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we welcome the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Herndon & Reston area.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Nice hotel in a great location. Special thanks to the over night worker Mark. He was very helpful, able to answer all my questions about the hotel and surrounding area including the easiest way into downtown DC. He suggested I visit the Dulles Air & Space museum which was a splendid day trip and they even have a free shuttle there from the hotel. My room was quite spacious with a nice king bed and more TV channels than most hotels which I think is a plus when traveling a lot. Would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Front desk is helpful with everything
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your guest room's amenities as well as our convenient location. It is nice when you are away from home to get helpful tips on local attractions. The Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum is one of my favorite attractions to visit, and our scheduled van shuttle allows guests to avoid the daily parking fee.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

North carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The rooms are quiet, clean and well maintained, breakfast was delicious . The gym is small but they have the most useful equipment and very well maintained,, location has easy access from dulles.. The fronk desk person named Edin was very cheerful and pleasing to serve and help us.. I love this hotel I will back soon !!! Thank you Crowne Plaza!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Judith12343
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and breakfast in Houlihan's Restaurant. Many guests like yourself also enjoy our close location to Dulles International Airport. Once the new Reston Silver Line station opens this summer, we will also be located just four miles from metro access.
We focus on customer service so I am especially pleased to hear about Edin's excellent service. I will forward your nice comments so our management team can acknowledge his good work.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Dulles. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.