“Cheap. Hard beds”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Venus, Florida
“Cheap. Hard beds”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel was clean and new,sheets and pillows were fresh plenty of channels to watch on tv. Shower was generous with the hot water.

New matress's were hard as a rock and you could feel the supports. bring a matress with you and this will be the best overnight ever.

Room Tip: If you bring a matress with you this hotel is the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank jesse t
Sarah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Jesse; Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. We appreciate the compliments regarding the cleanliness of the guestroom and fresh new linen.

We want our guests to have a very comfortable and peaceful nights sleep, as a matter of fact, that is the staple behind Crowne Plaza brand with their Sleep Advantage Package. Thank you for letting us know this particular mattress was not up to par, we will see if there is anything we can do with the manufacturer. We are aware that it will take some time for the new mattressses to settle and become softer on the back but certainly did not know they were that hard. We greatly apologize that this caused you such discomfort.

We hope you consider a future stay with us, we know we can provide an exceptional experience the next time for you.

Crowne Plaza Dulles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Aalst, Belgium
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The price is a bit expensive but allover it is worth since there is a free shuttle and you are close to the airport. In case you have a rental car you can drop it off the evening before and save some money. It is very convenient in case you have an early flight since you will not get caught in the traffic jams.

The rooms are very spaceous and very clean. WiFi is working well and fast.

There is a restaurant on the premises but there is also a TGIF at the opposite side of the street.

The breakfast buffet is VERY nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BossErpe
Sarah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear BossErpe; Thank you for your review and valuable feedback regarding you recent stay with us. We are very pleased that your accommodations and the location of the hotel suited your needs well.

Guests will find Enterprise Rental Car on premises, a very convenient way to drop off their rental or pick one up when they arrive. Houlihan's is a guest and staff favorite with freshly prepared meals that are sure to please, there is also Worldgate Shopping Center directly across from the hotel if you would like something different.

We are delighted that you had a great stay and hope to see you again the next time you have a flight out of Dulles International Airport.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed one night as I had a late afternoon flight the next day. I arranged for a late check out as my flight was not until 6pm. It pays to be a member of IHG. Since I had the day to kill the hotel arranged a round trip ride to the Air & Space museum. Then I had a late lunch and a little rest before the epic 30 hour journey to Australia. This hotel showed true customer service. Well done!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cooperr61
Sarah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Cooperr61: We appreciate you being a valued member of IHG Guest Rewards and for selecting the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel as your place to stay.

Thank you the wonderful review! We are delighted to see compliments for our staff, they are a great team and we are very pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations, leaving you to have an positive and enjoyable stay.

We hope you had a safe journey home. The next time you are in the states we look forward to welcoming you back.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Bidding for a hotel room on Priceline
is always dicey at best.

A few times that I have bid for a hotel
room on Priceline, I did extremely well such
as when I had a medical meeting in the D.C.
area in October 2001 and due to the dramatic
decrease in tourism during that month, I got a
room at the Westfields Marriot in Chantilly
for $80 a night. The Westfields Marriot is a
beautiful hotel set in a secluded area with beautiful
rooms, beautiful landscaping, bathrobes in each
room… absolutely one of the nicest hotels that
I have ever stayed at and at $80/night it may
have been the best price that I have ever paid
for a hotel of that quality.

Usually, Priceline matches you at older
hotels that are definitely past their best days.

Sometimes, the matches have been truly awful
such as one time when I had a medical meeting in
Philadelphia and I got a horrible hotel room near
the Philadelphia airport with dingy, stained carpet
and leaking bathroom fixtures.

Generally, whenever I have gotten a Priceline
match near an airport, the hotels tend to be more
rundown due to the heavy usage from passengers
and airlines personnel.

I was hoping for the Westin Reston Heights
but got the Crowne Plaza on Priceline. I thought to
myself “Oh, no – an older hotel near a major airport.
I wonder how awful the rooms are going to be”.

The room my first night at the Crowne Plaza
was a handicap access room and I did not like the
bathroom at all. The Manager switched me to a
regular room for my next three nights and it was
much better. This hotel had been renovated in the last
ten years and the regular room was clean and comfortable.

I like to stay in the Northern Virginia area because
I drive from Kentucky and I do not want to cut across D.C.
using the Beltway when I am leaving as that could significantly
delay my departure from the D.C. area.

The Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport was, especially after
I was switched to a regular room, better than what I expected
for a Priceline match to a hotel near a major airport. It is an
older hotel with a good renovation. There are many nice
Northern Virginia restaurants and shopping areas within
a 30 minute drive of this Crowne Plaza Hotel.

One tip, if you are driving from I-66, do NOT use Sully
Road to Dulles Toll Road and then exit on Centreville Road.
You will pay almost a dollar in toll for about one mile. Instead,
use Sully to Frying Pan, go East, and then take a left turn
on Centreville Road and go North for a few minutes and the
Crowne Plaza will be on your left after you cross under the
Dulles Toll Road.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank rcpo123
Sarah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear rcpo123; Thank you for taking the time to share your recent trip with us. We are pleased to see that overall you had a great stay and found the Crowne Plaza to be a good fit for your travel needs. We appreciate your thorough review and delighted that your experience was a positive one.

Thank you as well for taking the time to write some wonderful travel tips for our other guests as well. I am sure that short cut will save our other guests time and money on the tolls.

We look forward to being another hotel choice for you when traveling to the Virginia/Washington DC area.

Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport
Ruckersville, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night so we could get up early for a flight. It is only 5 min from the airport. Hot breakfast was a real plus! They Open up early for travelers. I think it was 5am when all the food was out. It's nice. Price is good. Quiet part of town. Free parking.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ereina
Sarah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Ereina; Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. We appreciate you selecting the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel as your place to stay prior to catching an early flight.

We are delighted to see that your first experience with us was so positive and you had a great stay. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you through the area.

Doha
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed for one night as i was had a connecting flight the next morning. I was not sure where to wait for the shuttle when i arrived at Dulles airport, there is no clear signage for the hotel shuttle. Once at the hotel check-in was smooth and easy, very friendly front-desk staff. The room was on 4th floor, nice and spacious, with a comfortable bed. The best part about the hotel is its close proximity to restaurants, Starbucks, and nearby Giants stores.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kairetu
Sarah L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kairetu; Thank you for being our guest at the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, we appreciate your review. We are very pleased to see that you had a enjoyable stay and found the accommodations, hotel staff and services provided were a great fit for your travel needs.

Sorry you had some difficulty locating our shuttle at the airport. I will bring this to the attention of the appropriate team members at the property and see if there is anything we can do to improve upon that.

We look forward to being your choice hotel the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed one night for flight the next morning. Staff good, room clean and comfortable. Bar/ restaurant good and again, convenient. Beds comfortable and rooms quiet. Staff all helpful. Would stay again if flying out of Dulles. Shuttle to airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Terri T
Dear Terri; Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel. We are pleased to see that the hotel was a great fit for your travel needs and thank you for the warm remarks and compliments for the hotel staff, guest rooms and services provided. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your evening with us.

Hopefully you will have an extra day next time you stay to tour the area or do a little shopping at the Worldgate Shopping Center directly across the street or nearby at Tysons Corner Mall. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you through the area.