“Great place for travelers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Hillsville

Motel 6 Hillsville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
Winter Haven, Florida
“Great place for travelers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I just can't say enough about your employees, we got there rather late at night or 1:30am could not drive another mile. Your night front deskman was very nice, we needed 2 room for our group we were traveling with my daughter and her 5 small children (7 years old to 7 months). He was helpful with our accommodations, and my husband was pulling his motorcycle, he assured him that his (baby) would be perfectly safe parked out front. lol.
The next morning we were enjoying our nice room so much we over slept a little for the complementary breakfast, so we were just hoping to at least get a coffee for the road. When we got to the breakfast area the two ladies were cleaning up, we asked if we could at least get some coffee and a drink for the children and they were so helpful they said they still had muffins and bagel, I said oh that would be great, then the rest of our crew came waddling in saying Grandma can we have a muffin? can I have this can I have that....I thought the ladies would cringe but they didn't they just said' "what can we get you"? They ended up making them some bacon and bring out other items that they had already put up for the day. That was ABOVE and BEYOND the call of DUTY. I would just love to say, Thank You to them again for bending the timeline and helping a now well rested grandma.
Great staff, Great rooms, Great over all visit.
We will be back the next time we head to Ohio from Florida again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy A
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western. We was pleased to get breakfast out for you and your family. We hope you will come back and see us real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

1st day, room clean, bed was double, was told I would have a queen, pillows terrible, a/c too smelly and too straight across the bed. Paid for 3 days, asked to move on 2nd morning, due to trouble with toilet seat too loose and a/c and bed, etc...I had to threaten them to get my room ready, I was given excuses 1 after another. Washer broken, people allowed to get a late check out, when room was promised to me. I packed my car and move out of room I had so they could clean it and we wouldn't mess it up, I expected to be able to get into other room within a reasonable amount of time, Also had another room with same problems. I had to wait half a day to get into a room I had already paid for and I was upset. No sleep to 2 nights, poor service, will never stay there again and neither will my brother. Also on first night a dog in the next room was barking after midnight, keeping all of us up. Poor stay...........

Room Tip: Don't pay ahead.....
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I want to apologize for the problem you had while at our motel. I did explain to your husband we would do our best to get you all a double room but it would be after 1 before I would know for sure. As far as we knew we could move you to these 2 rooms but we had to wait until the guest that was in the room left. It was not an excuse it was a fact we had 1 washer down and one of our girls was in a car wreck and we was doing the best we could. I am sorry he didn't explain it to you. I do apologize for the wait you had to get from one room to another.
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We booked two rooms and upon arrival we found there was an issue with one of the rooms having been given to someone else. We were going into another hotel to look for a room and the night manager Randall Dillow checked the guest list and found that the lost room was still ours it just showed we had already checked in. He actually came to the other hotel to get us back. For that I want to say thanks and thanks for getting the problem fixed. Also he got us signed up for the rewards program. He's a good asset for the hotel. As far as the room for an older hotel it was clean, had a good shower and the beds slept very good. At checkout the day staff was very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mcbasstracker
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western. We hope you wil come back to see us again real soon.
Raleigh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed to attend an event in Galax, 10 miles down the road. We were greeted cheerfully. The pool was clean and fresh towels available poolside. The room was small by today's standards but was very clean. When checking in we asked for a first floor room and the attendant acknowledged. He checked us in to a second floor room without asking. Breakfast was marginal. There were several options but omelets, biscuits, etc that you would expect to be hot we're semi-frozen and needed to be microwaved.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western. We hope you will come back to see us real soon.
Dayville, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Savannah. The hotel was reasonably priced with a comfortable bed and a continental breakfast. We could hear people walking in the room above us but it did not keep us awake. Good place for an overnight.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, I am sorry about the noise above you. We are in the process of replacing carpet and screwing the floors down. The motel is over 20 years old and we think the nails are coming up. We hope replacing the carpet and screwing the floor down will solve this problem. We have some queen rooms out back that has no upstairs over them on your return visit if you will tell us and we will give you a room out back. Thank you again for staying with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, quiet and reasonably priced. What more can you ask for in an overnight stay. I rarely leave reviews but we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We are pretty picky but we will stay here again should the opportunity arise.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrick D
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, We hope you will come back to see us real soon. If we can help you in any way please feel free to call us.
Greeneville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Room was very spacious and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Customer service was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and had many selections including two types of omelets in addition to the normal breakfast fare. Breakfast dining area was a little small. Very happy with our stay. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy W
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville,. If you are in our area Labor day week end we have one of the largest flea markets. We are also only 14 miles from Andy Griffith home place and has a lot of shops down town like Floyds barber shop,, candy shop, and snappys restaurant where on the show andy would go to get his Pork Chop sandwichs. Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsville
Comfort Inn
#2 of 8 in Hillsville
Hampton Inn Galax
Hampton Inn Galax
#1 of 5 in Galax

Been to Motel 6 Hillsville? Share your experiences!