“mr and mrs mann”

Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 29 April 2012

it was nice, clean, quiet., spacious. the room a gem. non smoking. the desk clerk was pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marjorie m
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn

Reviewed 11 April 2012

As a hotel stay, it was fine with a good bed and ok room. Nothing great but no huge distractions. Quiet sleep was our priority on our way to Williamsburg for a visit the next day. HOWEVER, the breakfast needs the attention of the general manager. At first, it looked good but then I realized that the sausage and egg patties in the "hot" server were FROZEN hard! So we used the microwave which slowed all the patrons up. As many times that I have been in a hotel, I have never seen frozen items placed on the breakfast bar. If the breakfast preparers are this clueless, what else is wrong? Basically the server should have defrosted a large batch of these food items before placing them out for patrons. Anyway, this was a small item but it bothered me more as the day wore on. And it led me to the question: Do food inspectors for restaurants inspect hotel breakfast bars? I don't know. But this facility needs attention from management on food quality.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DeeDeeNC070
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed here in Sept of last year and was so pleased with the way the room was clean and decorated and how friendly the staff was I decided to stay again.. My stay was scheduled for frid-sun.. Well after the horrible experience I had sorted after checkin in I couldn't take it anymore and left.. I booked a king room non smoking on ten phone but when I checked in I was given a queen room. The room was small and smelled funny. The chair was filthy and the bed was hard as a rock.. After speaking to the manager he moved us to a king suite.. Well I thought my issues were over so I went out after checking in.. Once back in my room I noticed that the bed spear had blood stains on it. I called the front desk and was told they didn't have anymore comforters and if I wanted a blanket I could walk down to the front desk and pick it up. After refusing to go get it they brought me 2 blankets, one of which smelled like hot sweety gym socks..they made the bed with 3 pillows for a king sized bed, when I asked for more I was told they didn't have any.. How do u not have any extra pillows in a hotel??? The tub drain was clocked with something so I ended up taking a shower/bath.. Again the front desk said they couldn't do anything until the morning time..there was huge stains on the sofa and the kitchen had no plates or anything.. I'm not sure what happened to the nice new updated room I had in Sept but the horrible rooms they gave me this time was enough for me to pack up and check out at 11pm the first night we were there..It would b a long time if and when I ever decide to stay there again..

Room Tip: The second floor seem to have better updated rooms than the first floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tdoug12
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I loved everything about this Hotel! The staff was awesome, polite and had a great sense of humor. The rooms are huge, clean very amazing for the price I paid. I have to give credit where credit is do. I was so not looking forward to staying here and I just knew it was going to be a dump. It was a last minute stop so I went with the cheapest hotel and Best Western was it. Needless to say it turned out not to be a dump :-). Whenever anyone askes me whats the a good hotel in Hopewell, VA to stay in I always recommend Best Western Plus. Keep up the great work.
This was my personal experience and I was not paid to make these comments. I only wrote that because whenever I'm reading reviews I always say people that work there wrote all the good reviews. We'll I don't work but if Best Western wants to give me a discount for this great review I'm leaving I'll take it (lol). All in all I had a wonderful stay

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Descia L
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Good hotel, close enough to Fort Lee and major highway. Decent room. Adequate breakfast. High concentration of Soldiers coming to/from local training. Small workout room (one treadmill, one eliptical, one rower, nothing else.)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JoVo19
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This was a great place to go for my family and I. The beds were comfortable and always smelled nice. Our room was on the bottom floor and was always clean as well as the bathroom. Anytime we asked for anything our requests were met in a timely manner. The staff was very nice. Being from the north I am not so use to people saying hi to you all the time. It was a nice change of pace. The breakfast was nothing to hoot and holler about but it suited the purpose of breakfast and put a meal in your system. Personally I would have rather eaten in the hotel than gone to Denny's and other places in the surrounding area that would have cost more.

Room Tip: I believe any room you pick would be a good one. No matter what room you have you always hear littl...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank alliecat8289
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Our stay was very pleasant, and the cost was extremely reasonable. We had great service from the staff and had a clean, nice room with a microwave and refrigerator. They have a free breakfast, with lots of choices that is simple, but filling when you have to be somewhere early. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Stay - Over Suites
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
#6 of 7 in Hopewell
Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell

Been to Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn? Share your experiences!