“Newly Renovated”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
State College, Pennsylvania
“Newly Renovated”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed here the night before the Warrior Dash; they had a good rate and were relatively close to the event. Hotel has been newly renovated and the staff are quite friendly and very helpful. They were willing to accommodate a late check-out for us and the room was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

They are about 2-3 miles from the main shopping/restaurants in this area, but just next door on the other side of another hotel is a local Italian restaurant. We walked over and had a great meal with very good service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Pam S,

We appreciate you reviewing your stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed our refreshed look and had a great stay overall! I hope all went well with your event; thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Hopewell.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Perry, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2013

From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out the front desk staff were nothing but fantastic. They were very cheerful, friendly, and helpful. I love people who work in customer service positions that are able to make their customer's feel like friends. We need directions to the nearest Sheetz and the gentleman at the front desk drew us a map. (I wish I remembered his name to give him props, he was so pleasant.) The room was spotless and comfy, the pool was so relaxing and the water was warm, and breakfast was delicious and always stocked! The only complaint I have is about the women who were stocking breakfast, they were rude and kept making snide remarks to customer's. Other than that our stay was fantastic and I'd definitely stay here again if I was ever in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Marisa L,

Thanks so much for your review and very kind words regarding our front desk staff. I'm also glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our pool, but do apologize that our breakfast staff's service was below par and will pass your feedback onto our team for discussion. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!

Auburn, PA
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stopped here for one night on our way heading south with the family. I checked other hotels in the area, and the prices were either higher for the same reviews as this hotel, or the prices were lower for hotels that had some really nasty reviews. I booked 2 rooms and asked for them to be adjacent and they were able to accomodate our request. People at the front desk were very pleasant and would do anything when asked. Rooms and hotel were very clean, additional towels provided immediately when asked. This is a 3* hotel, not fancy, but definitely a good spot to stay for a night on your way through. Good Italian Restaurant next door to walk to, other fast food places down the street. Decent continental breakfast with eggs, cereal, English Muffins, etc. Only about 1/2 mile off the Interstate which is really nice. Quiet area as well. Absolutely no complaints at all.

1 Thank PAJAY
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear PAJAY,

Thank you for choosing us as a stopover during your trip - I'm very pleased to read that your stay with us was a great one! We're also happy that we could accommodate all of your needs and that you found everything to be so clean. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're passing through!

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

The room was modern, big, clean, comfortable. Friendly staff. Our kids loved having 2 TV's. Breakfast was good and with plenty of warm and cold options to choose from. Great value! Would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Jazfoodie,

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel & are very happy that you and your family had a terrific stay. I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and felt you received good value for your money. Thanks again and we can't wait for your next stay!

Joisey - the Corruption State
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Very nice property for what-theoretically-is-the-low-end of the Marriott chain. Rooms and breakfast were better than what one usually expects for a Fairfield. Everything was clean and (mostly) in order, but no 5*'s because . . .
1) they were really busy, or whatever our 1st nite there and housekeeping never showed up. Not sure why someone didn't let us know this before we found out ourselves.
2) breakfast was too ambitious. hot items, fruit, etc. - way beyond what a typical Fairfield offers, but it was too much of a stretch. Eggs from a microwave are not good.
But overall, this is a well-located property and the staff works hard . . . maybe too hard as there's a lot to keep track of if/when they get full. Still, I would stay here again, as the location is ideal if you need to be in the Hopewell / Ft. Lee area.

Room Tip: I'd go 2/3rd's of the way down the hall to get good access from the side doors, but away fro...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Marriott_Devotee,

Thanks for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and sharing your feedback - we're glad to hear you had a great stay overall, but our team will be sure to discuss your comments as providing a clean guest room is one of our biggest priorities even when we have a full house. I am happy that our location was so convenient for your needs. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I made a recent trip to Williamsburg and due to my late planning - I couldn't find any rooms within 15 miles of Williamsburg that were under $150. I found this hotel online and while it is an hour away from Busch Gardens/Water country, it was literally half the price - about $75.
We got to the hotel easy enough - it is right off a main road and is right across from a Wawa. Check-in was quick and easy - the front agent had my keys ready to go waiting for me. That night, I realized I had forgotten to pack my toothpaste and went down to the front desk. The agent was very friendly and gave me some new travel tubes of toothpaste and even asked if I could use a toothbrush, as well.
Breakfast was probably the best I've ever seen in a hotel - fresh scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, small boxes of cereal, multiple brands of yogurt, fresh fruit tray, hot chocolate, juice, etc. I'm so used to seeing bagels and the waffle maker, but this was definitely the best continental breakfast I've ever seen.
The only complaint I would have would be the bed: there were a few long mystery strands of hair on the sheets and the actual mattress was pretty flat. It felt like I was sleeping on a board, but it was bearable.
There is a great Mexican restaurant right next street - El Nopal with super cheap prices. Overall, this was a good stay and if the commute to Williamsburg wasn't so long, I would probably stay here a lot more often. I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Diskyguy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; I'm very pleased to hear that we were able to provide a nice, affordable stay during your trip, as well as that you loved our complimentary hot breakfast so much! I do apologize that your bed was not as comfortable as you would have liked and our team will discuss your feedback. Otherwise, we look forward to your next stay! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here with my husband, three grandchildren and our Chihuahua when our son had a weekend pass from his training at Fort Lee. Rooms were clean, common areas clean, staff courteous and friendly. Grandchildren enjoyed the variety of the complimentary continental breakfast. Pool was clean and well maintained. We have already made reservations to stay again in July. Austin is awesome! Thank you Austin!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank PatriceJacoby
Dear PatriceJacoby,

We appreciate you leaving a review and hope you had a good time visiting your son. I'm happy to read you had a clean, comfortable stay and that you enjoyed our outdoor pool as well. Thank you again and we'll see you the next time you're in Hopewell!

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Stay - Over Suites
Stay - Over Suites
#3 of 7 in Hopewell
Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell? Share your experiences!