“Convenient For My Purposes” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295

Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Convenient For My Purposes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

This is certainly not the Ritz Carlton; however, it is adequate for my purposes - periodic travel to the area on business and for anyone else for an relatively inexpensive place to stay. My advice, check to see if all of the equipment is working. If not, the hotel proprietor will try to accommodate you.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tfig218

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
College Park
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

this hotel is way overpriced for an econolodge. a/c was broken, staff was very rude and room was rather dingy. for what the rate was, the overall experience should have been a lot better! staff was so rude, including a housekeeper who kept showing up at my door.
waste of money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lauren76

Travellers are raving about these Hopewell hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel two different times during the month of August. The first stay was for only one night & the room was average. The bathroom was horrible! It was dirty & I didn't want to touch anything including the handle on the door! I felt like something kept biting me in the bed so I did not sleep & ended up with several bug bites on me!! Not sure what it was but they itched badly!! The second stay was not by choice but I took one for the team! The room was better than the first stay & the bathroom was cleaner but not my standard of clean. The wi-fi was a little wonky this time. Luckly the second time I didn't get bit by anything!

• Stayed August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed here a couple times traveling for work. Average hotel for the price. They came down on the price for me since I would be a frequent traveler. Average rooms, as would be expected. Usually satisfactorily clean, no bugs. Halls and stairwells smelled. Breakfast was cheap and quick, only had stuff you could grab to go. I found a couple of the front desk staff people to be fairly rude to most guests. Alright stay for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed three nights in June. Had to be moved from first room we checked into because of blood on the walls! Second room was horrible. Hair on everything from the ceiling to the floor. Had to get new sheets and change the bed ourselves. Thank God we brought our own pillows. The fridge had mold and dead bugs in it. The first night, our room did not get cleaned, front desk said housekeeping must have forgot! the next day it was cleaned and then i was missing a pair of very expensive tennis shoes. the front desk said they have had problems in the past with housekeepers stealing things out of guests room, but i would need to talk to a manager. I will never stay at this hotel again. The health department should get involved and shut that nightmare of a building.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sidney, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The room was so dirty, dusty, and gross. I was staying for 4 nights(Thursday through Monday morning), I had to go to the store and buy cleaning products, everything had to be washed down, the walls where I thought we might touch were dirty, looked like boogers in some spots, the pictures above the beds had little greasy hand prints all over them, the mirrors had a hazy film on them, the shower curtain had spots of mold on it, the coffee pot was very nasty. Hair in the tub and on the floor of the bathroom.I went to visit family 2 hours away on Saturday morning, so I took all of my things with me, expecting the room to be cleaned when i returned, the cleaning staff had come in and thought we had checked out, so she hung a do not disturb sign on the door so that she would know to clean it the next morning, so i came back to garbage still in my room, the beds not made, and no clean towels, rather frustrating. It had two positive things that I found' one was that they only allowed smoking on the 3rd floor so no other areas of the hotel smelled like smoke and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Walked in at 10PM on my way to a reenactment about an hour away, so I could get a good nights' sleep and shower before finishing the trip in the morning. Young lady at the desk was reasonably pleasant, rate was good, the sheets were clean and the room, while needing some paint here and there, looked and smelled like it has seen regular cleaning. Bathroom was clean, towels and such were what one expects. AM breakfast was microwave Jimmy Deans biscuits and sausage, some cereal, muffins, bagels and such, coffee and juice. Again, about what one would expect. For my needs, and for those of the average person needing to ge off the road for a night and move on, very adequate lodgings. Easily the least expensive of the several ionns at this exit.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms seem to be as promised