“Acceptable Accommodations”

Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Since my last review, I have returned to this hotel a few times for business purposes. It is close to my consulting client and directly across the street from a 24-hour Wawa convenience store as well as a nice Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel and a great Chinese carryout on the other side of a large parking lot for a deteriorating strip shopping mall. Don't expect the quality of the Waldorf or Marriott, but clean accommodations at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed here for three days. First two days we saw no roaches. Third day we killed four within a couple hours. The staff is also rude and would not clean our room because we ' were staying more than one night and that is the norm '

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank coffeedrinker81
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This is certainly not the Ritz Carlton; however, it is adequate for my purposes - periodic travel to the area on business and for anyone else for an relatively inexpensive place to stay. My advice, check to see if all of the equipment is working. If not, the hotel proprietor will try to accommodate you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tfig218
Reviewed 22 October 2012

this hotel is way overpriced for an econolodge. a/c was broken, staff was very rude and room was rather dingy. for what the rate was, the overall experience should have been a lot better! staff was so rude, including a housekeeper who kept showing up at my door.
waste of money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lauren76
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel two different times during the month of August. The first stay was for only one night & the room was average. The bathroom was horrible! It was dirty & I didn't want to touch anything including the handle on the door! I felt like something kept biting me in the bed so I did not sleep & ended up with several bug bites on me!! Not sure what it was but they itched badly!! The second stay was not by choice but I took one for the team! The room was better than the first stay & the bathroom was cleaner but not my standard of clean. The wi-fi was a little wonky this time. Luckly the second time I didn't get bit by anything!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed here a couple times traveling for work. Average hotel for the price. They came down on the price for me since I would be a frequent traveler. Average rooms, as would be expected. Usually satisfactorily clean, no bugs. Halls and stairwells smelled. Breakfast was cheap and quick, only had stuff you could grab to go. I found a couple of the front desk staff people to be fairly rude to most guests. Alright stay for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed three nights in June. Had to be moved from first room we checked into because of blood on the walls! Second room was horrible. Hair on everything from the ceiling to the floor. Had to get new sheets and change the bed ourselves. Thank God we brought our own pillows. The fridge had mold and dead bugs in it. The first night, our room did not get cleaned, front desk said housekeeping must have forgot! the next day it was cleaned and then i was missing a pair of very expensive tennis shoes. the front desk said they have had problems in the past with housekeepers stealing things out of guests room, but i would need to talk to a manager. I will never stay at this hotel again. The health department should get involved and shut that nightmare of a building.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell
Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell

Been to Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295? Share your experiences!