“Excellent place to hang your hat for one night or extended stay!”
Review of Stay - Over Suites

Stay - Over Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Spacious, luxurious, affordable place to stay, it truly is a home away from home. The rooms are bigger than most studio apartment I have been in. Management was outstanding, if you are a Soldier looking for a place to stay long term, I highly recommend this hotel, as they really cater to the military family and their transition to a new area. As a military member myself, this is probably one of the nicest hotel that I have stayed in around a military installation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Kelly C, Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you so much for that review about the hotel and the team. We are so glad you chose to stay with us while you are re-locating to the Fort Lee area. You and your family have been a Joy it lights my heart when your son comes down and visits. We know it's hard during this process and we are truly glad you feel at home.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Jason D Henry.
My stay from May to June 28 2013 were great. The staff was very helpful in anything I ever needed. They accept dogs. I had my dog with me while I was in school in Ft Lee and the manager and all the staff loved my dog tank. They would always give him toys and treats every time they saw him and he sure loved the attention. The rooms were very spacious and clean with a kitchen. Made me feel like home. I recommend this hotel for anyone who is staying near Hopewell, VA.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jdhenry
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Jason,
Thanks so much for the kind words.....Home Away From Home is the goal we work towards for each and every person who stays here and I am so glad you felt that way. It is always an Honor to house our Military and their families while you are in school, vacations, etc. And Tank what can we say.....it's like we watched him grow to a little man. We still talk about him and miss his morning kisses.
Anytime you and your family come this way we hope you stay wtih us.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I travel to the Ft. Lee area for 60+ days a year and have stayed at 4 other Hopewell hotels, Stay-Over Suits is by far the best and the most friendliest. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the hotel staff are good people, and the beds are very comfortable. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

I can't thank you enough for the wonderful words about our hotel and the team. It is our Honor to serve the military. We know that being away from home and family is part of the job but we like to ease that as much as possiable.
I hope when your travels bring you back from the Great State of Texas you will call Stay-Over home.

Kelly Clark

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel visiting my son at Fort Lee. The rooms were larger than the normal size room. They were comfortable and beautiful. We even had the opportunity to grill and enjoy the pavillion. The staff was great. We were greeted by Megan, Front Desk Clerk. She was very helpful and our checkin process was very easy. Our rooms were cleaned by Pinky, outstanding job. We will definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again.
Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise D
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thanks so much for the wonderful things said about the hotel and the team. Our goal is to ensure you have a great stay. We want you to feel like family and most of all we want your family to feel welcome.
We hope if your travels ever bring you back to our area we will be your hotel of choice.

KellyClark

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while he was working in Hopewell. We travel with our dog and staff is beyond pet friendly! They seem to genuinely love pets and will know their names, provide them toys and treats and can give you the location of several pet stores, veterinarians, pet friendly parks, etc. The guest rooms are huge and immaculately clean. Other reviews adequately detail what is included in each room, I will only add that the huge custom closet, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, fully outfitted kitchenette, routinely steam cleaned and extremely comfortable king sized bed, beautiful furnishings and large wall mounted flat screen TVs certainly make you feel like you're living in luxury! The hotel boasts a fitness center, which includes a treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, weight bench and multi-stage weight machine. There is a guest laundry with four washers, eight driers and a change machine (rarely found in most hotels!) $1.25 per machine, which is very reasonable, from what I've experienced. Hotel provides a free breakfast, and fresh cookies daily. Guests may also use the hotel's oven if needed (as there is no oven in the guest suite). A very nice outdoor area, with tables and a large gas grill, is available for guest use. We were blown away by the friendly staff, immaculately clean and well appointed rooms, and quiet, yet central location. Only disappointment was finding out they are not a chain hotel! The world definitely needs more Stay Over Suites!

• Stayed: April 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thank you so so much for the wonderful review, we know you and your husband travel alot and I am glad we made you feel at home while you were here and hope that you will always stay here if life ever brings you back to our area.
We have recently added taking pets to our hotel, I myself have a spoiled rotten Boxer I understand that they are part of the family and we have loved having Capone here .
Ya'll will be missed

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Really great accommodations with spacious and comfortable rooms. Staff was friendly and made my stay away from home a very welcomed choice. They even provided fresh baked cookies daily for those of us with sweet tooth. Nice…
Rooms were immaculately kept and housekeeping staff took the time to make the beds daily and not just pull the blanket over the beds as I’ve experienced in some of the bigger hotels chains recently.
Again, the stay was great, comfortable and welcoming, and the staff were equally as impressive and caring. Well Done.

Room Tip: Hotel is located off the beaten path, but close proximately to everything. Well worth the search..
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

I can't thank you enough for your wonderful comments about the Hotel and our team. We know how hard it is to be away from home and I am very glad we in some small way made you feel like you were part of our family.
We know you have many choices when you travel but should you ever find your self back in our neck of the woods we hope your choice is us.
Stay safe in all your travels and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Great experience! Rooms are new and large. The faculty are very supportive. You are about 5 minutes from post and an additional 8 minutes to the class parking lot. Flat screen wall mounted televisions, custom closets, stove, large refrigerator, bar area in your room, pull out additional bed. Morning breakfasts all you can eat. Occupants are good. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Boy, it's hard to believe that 4 months have come and gone. I can't tell you what an HONOR it's been having you all stay with us. I am so glad your time here was good and that if you are back in the area we are your hotel of choice.
I know it's been hard being away from your family , but I hope in some small way we made you feel at home.
Best of luck you will be missed, and thank you so much for your SERVICE, we are the Home of the Free only because of the Brave such as yourself.

Kelly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
#6 of 7 in Hopewell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell

Been to Stay - Over Suites? Share your experiences!