The Omni Homestead Resort
Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)
Budget Inn Motel(Covington)
  • Pool
5,825 results
All reviewsthe main dining roomjefferson restauranthistory tourice skatingcarriage ridehorseback ridingspa servicestroutlobby barbreakfast buffetgorge hikesam sneadssouthern charmcasino restaurantomni homesteadjefferson poolsindoor pool
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I decided to stay at the homestead as a nice change for the typical 4th celebrations. We were given a queen room on the 21st floor, which was in need of an update. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and understanding and moved us to a king in the new wing. This room had a small balcony but again needed updating especially to the bathroom. Carpets were also stained. Third time was a charm in the west wing were decorating and updates happened several years ago. Loved this room in the west wing (room numbers starting with 1080 thru 1480).
Fireworks and music were fantastic and I would return next year. Played the Old Course and it was in excellent condition. Playing an untouched Donald Ross layout was a treat.
Food was average and not what I would expect from The Homestead. The dining room food was expensive and not worth the price. Dining room service was poor as the staff needs training badly. Go to Jefferson's instead and eat on the porch or dining room. The food, service and ambiance are all better than main dining room. Martha's Market had the worst breakfast sandwich that I have ever seen or tried to eat.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fardog1
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had our fifth family reunion at the Homestead over the 2014 Independence Day weekend, and had yet another wonderful stay. The service is polite, genteel, and gracious, the staff warm and welcoming, and the food spectacular as always. And they always put on one heck of a fireworks display!

1  Thank DCStark
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Homestead has always been one of my favorite resorts. After a bad experience last summer, I decided to try it again. While the food is markedly better due to the deep-sixing of the Canyon Ranch-brand healthy (i.e. tasteless) cuisine, troubles persist with service--largely in the poor training and supervision of staff.

When we arrived we had to wait an hour for our room although we arrived at precisely the time I was told it would be ready ( I called before leaving home in the morning to confirm check in times). Further, the energy of the front desk staff in seeking to find out when the room would be ready was strikingly low. I had to return three times to check on the progress and each time I had to wait in line. (I have only passed by the desk once since my arrival when there was not a line.)

When I got to the room (an Executive Suite" with a "preferred resort view" I looked out the windows onto an asphalt roof. We ended up changing rooms to what the front desk manager admitted was a true " preferred resort view."

The next morning I called to request daily changes to the sheets. Later, I ran into one of the maids just as she was leaving the room and she told me she had not changed our sheets because no message was given to her. She did not offer to change them and seemed somewhat irritated when I asked her to do so.

When I attempted to call the "Activities Desk" for a change to our dinner reservations, no one ever picked up the phone. I was on hold for 10 minutes before I finally hung up and called the restaurant directly; no one answered there either. When I walked down to the desk, one of the two attendants was without a client. He looked up my reservation and told me he couldn't change it. So I walked over to the restaurant and discovered the reason no one answered the phone there: the manager was on his cell taking a personal call. He did, however, make the change to the time.

This was a truly fine hotel with impeccable service and attention to detail. Those days seem to be over. This is an expensive property where customers should expect more than a "chain" operation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TravelerusInterpidus
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the first negative review that I have ever written but our travel experiences and our family travels a lot. However, this was not what we had come to expect from the Homestead. First, we had a lot trouble making dining reservations and were disconnected/hung up on by the representative and we were never called back. We left messages after it was clear that we were not going to be called back and they still never called us back. We complained and we were finally called back and they worked us on some dining reservations and they said they were sorry. I really expected the hotel to go out of its way to show us that they were sorry but they didn't do anything other than squeeze us in on some dining reservations. We would show up at activities that we made and had confirmations on and they wouldn't have us booked and they said Omni has been replacing the computer system so they have been having issues. We also mentioned this experience to other guests and they said they experienced similar problems. This will be the last time that our family travels to the Homestead as the price to stay here is not worth it.

7  Thank Ralph P
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wonderful amenities for kids; great atmosphere of an America you think sometimes has disapperared; this has it all- sohistication, elegance and friendlyservice. We're booking another visit for late August!

1  Thank 380kieranb