My family visited this property while I attended a conference. I was awestruck by the palpable history of the resort and the calibre of the employees. Built originally in 1766 and rebuilt after a fire in 1901, the rooms at this property are certainly old, but in a truly wonderful and majestic way. The resort is remote, which is a plus for us as we prefer out of the way, secluded destinations. Despite being pretty busy with lots of guests, the property is filled with quiet nooks and secluded vistas allowing you to find quiet time and privacy for intimiate moments or conversations. The front foyer, which they call the Grand Hall, is an amazing bit of architecture. The outside views of the buildings and the surrounding mountains were very impressive. We particularly enjoyed the pool and the late night conversations around the firepit.
While the property is amazing, what most impressed me was the quality and depth of the employees. From the first bellman we encountered to the guy playing piano in the lobby, the staff of this hotel was first class. The only negative thing we encountered was a cleaning lady who barged into our room without knocking while I was changing clothes. She got quite the shock as did I, but quickly apologized and fled.
I highly recommend grabbing a glass of wind or ice cream from the market and sitting out front in a rocking chair. It reminded me of what hotel travel must have been like 150 years ago. Unfortunately, they do allow smoking on the front porch, which was a bit annoying.
We did not purchase any of the excursions because they were just too expensive, but we thoroughly enjoyed the amenities there on the grounds. Despite being remote and a bit pricey, this is a charming place that I would highly recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs