“Michael Adams Rock Star Chef! ”
Review of Sam Snead's Tavern - CLOSED

Sam Snead's Tavern
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This gastro-tavern blends modern techniques with traditional recipes while providing house-made comfort dishes qith a quality approach.Selections include Tavern Slammers, chicken pot pies, sauteed Allegheny Mountain trout, Sam's selection of grilled steaks and fun desserts such as our famed cinnamon doughnut bread pudding and apple cobblers. Wash it all down with a vast menu of wines and regional brews that complement savory dinners and a unique setting in the village of Hot Springs. Enjoy viewing the pictures recapping the life of the late legendary golfer, Sam Snead. Sam Snead was born here in Hot Springs and always made it his home. Sam's professional career spanned nearly seven decades, and he amassed at least 185 tournament victories, more than any other player in the history of the PGA Tour.
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at the homestead for our six year anniversary and decided to have dinner at Sam Snead's. The food is always excellent and the service was great. I ordered the salmon and had it with the roasted root vegetables. It was absolutely exceptional. My husband and I have traveled all over the world and eaten at some of the finest restaurants different locations have to offer. This was the best salmon, perfectly cooked, I have ever had!

Don't miss out on this fantastic restaurant if you're in the area or if you are staying at the Homestead.

1  Thank Infogi

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Tried to get a reservation through the Homestead for this tavern at least a week prior to our arrival for out 3 night stay. No go, was told they were completely booked. Was apparently put on a "waiting list" but never heard from the hotel about the status of that. So, we took matters into our own hands and just showed up for a table on our last evening at the hotel and we were seated immediately!

Out server was lovely, so nice...and our food REALLY tasty. I loved my blue cheese stuffed meatloaf, my husband really enjoyed his chicken pot pie, my son's cheeseburger was juicy and large, my daughter's chicken fingers crispy and hot. Not inexpensive, but not outrageous, either. We'd definitely return.

2  Thank mccarthys5
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We got seated upstairs which is not as nice as downstairs, even though the place was half empty. The Caesar salad was drenched in powdered cheese, my filet mignon was gray and tasteless, but the server was extra nice and understanding. The manager was apologetic but did not come across very sincerely. Bottom line is that Sam Snead would take his name off the door if he knew how far this place has fallen.

1  Thank ThadZer
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a really relaxed, family - friendly restaurant. The shuttle from The Homestead will drive you over. The prices are reasonable. We had the burgers and were very happy!

1  Thank silverchef
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The restaurant was decorated nicely, the food was pretty good but the mixed drinks left a lot to be desired. Being a hotel restaurant, the pricing was a bit higher than I would like.

1  Thank J M