“Warm and Cozy”
Review of Vine Cottage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vine Cottage Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Warm and Cozy”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The innkeepers are the nicest people you could ever meet. I have stayed there three times and each was comfortable, and convenient to many activities in the area. It is very clean and has everything you need for a relaxing evening that is a home away from home. Great owners, great rooms, great price but most of all great hospitality!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

so, my husband and I were in hot springs for a wedding at the homestead.
no reason to stay there, we knew, too pricy. too over the top.
we found vine cottage inn on line and for about $99/night and loved it. we had a bigger breakfast than I could eat and the kind of room my family used to rent at ocean city, maryland 40 years ago--soft sheets, those chenille bedspreads, no tv in the room-thank god, the kind of creaky quiet of an old house, several beds in one room (which is perfect because my husband and I almost always need a second bed in the middle of the night for spill-over reading.)
the artist part of this is that I'm a draw-er so while my husband took a nap on Friday afternoon, I headed to the front porch with my sketch pad. Jonah came out with information about a plein air gathering in hot springs in September. so--I'll add that and another stay at the inn to my plans for the fall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

On our 4 week road trip from Lexington to New York City, I think this was our most enjoyable stay. The service was great, the rooms were cute and the whole feel of the place was pretty idyllic. The most incredible moment of our stay was when we were reading on the veranda - the rain dripping through the trees, fireflies in lighting the darkness – and a fawn ran up the veranda stairs and straight over to our couches. As travellers from Australia, that was an incredible moment.
We loved the Hot Springs/Warm Springs area, especially the Jefferson Baths, and I would recommend the area for a nice getaway, and The Vine as a good base.
We stayed on the top floor up several flights of stairs, so if stairs are a concern for you, you might want to check your options with the owners.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were going to be in the area for a funeral and found The Vine Cottage Inn on line. The Homestead sounded a little pricy so we picked this place. What an Excellent choice it was! The place is cute, warm and spotless. The Inn and its' rooms are exactly as they appear on their website. After walking around The Homestead (for Free lol) we noticed that The Vine Cottage Inn is actually in better repair and cleaner than it (The Homestead) is! In defense of The Homestead, the Omni Hotel chain has recently purchased it and apparently has plans to take it up a notch... Jo and Jonah, the owners, provided a wonderful experience - do not hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My father and I brought our gondola to the Homestead Hotel for a convention. The director of the convention put us up for two nights at the Vine Cottage Inn. I am not much of a B&B person but had such a wonderful experience there.

The owners Jo & Jonah welcomed us. Showed us where we could make coffee and gave us our room. The room was large, warm and very clean. We worked that night and the next day at the Homestead which is practically on the same block.

Whenever we went back to the Vine Cottage Inn we felt right at home. Jo has food available whenever we wanted it and fresh coffee. My father dropped the gondola on his foot and was hurting. Jo offered some fresh vegetable soup and homemade bread which she put on a tray and gave me to take to my dad. It was just what he needed. She is so kind and warm. A truly nice person.

The shower there was great. It was one of the big heads that soak you all over. It is set up in a tub with the cloth around it. I am not a big fan of those but after working all night and day I had to use it. It was fantastic. The soaps they offered did not dry out my skin and the water pressure was perfect. So warm and relaxing. I did not want to get out. There was plenty of hot water and tons of fresh linens. There was even one of those nice thick towel robes in the closet but I did not use them.

I also want to add that the people in Virginia are crazy nice. I mean really, genuine and kind. When my dad smashed up his foot the doctor told us where we could get a good meal and than joined us for a beer. Lucky for us the hospital was down the street less than a mile.

Ill just summarize that the Vine Cottage Inn made me like B&B's. I know some of them can be smelly and annoying but this one is GREAT!!!!!! Seriously above anything the highest end hotel can offer. Worth every penny (even though it was included in our deal with the Homestead so I don't know what the cost was) because you are in a lovely, non-smelly, clean place.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING you did for my dad and me.

Friends
Mike Novack Jr Port Townsend WA
Mike Novack Sr Clifton NJ

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Please stay here! The Vine Cottage Inn is located right next to the Homestead for half the price! You can enjoy all of what the Homestead has to offer while staying in a much more personable and peaceful environment. Jo & Jonah are the sweetest couple who will take fantastic care of you. Not to mention, the breakfast is to die for! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed January 2014
Ohio
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed three nights this month in this lovely Inn. Jo and Jonah are truly wonderful hosts and Jo's breakfasts are to die for. While not so elaborate as I understand the buffet is at the Homestead, they are beautifully plated, good selection and quite filling. The sitting room was lovely with a cozy fireplace. The dining room is simply beautiful. The Inn was decorated for the holidays and that just made the place more special. The beds are very comfortable and I slept well each night. The bedrooms are on the second and third floors of the Inn. I got plenty of exercise walking up and down the stairs, and believe me, that was a good thing! We had planned to be there only two nights, but icy weather descended on us the last day and we stayed the third night. Jo and Jonah had planned to leave for a family trip as well, so our party of four had the Inn to ourselves the last night. Jo fixed yet another wonderful breakfast for us the next morning, even though they weren't planning to have guests. Thanks so much to Jo and Jonah for a delightful, memorable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
The Anderson Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Fort Lewis Lodge
Fort Lewis Lodge
#1 of 1 in Millboro

Been to Vine Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!