“BEWARE - They cancelled after they took my money!!”
Review of Virginia Wine Country Tours - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Virginia Wine Country Tours
Aldie, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“BEWARE - They cancelled after they took my money!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We book a wine tour for my fiance's graduation in May 2011. They required a full deposit a few weeks before the tour. I wrote them a check for $1230 for a mini coach bus and the tours. Two days before the tour they called to say the bus was having mechanical problems and they might have to cancel. The next day they cancelled. Ive spent the past month getting a run around about my refund check and now they wont respond at all. I filed a small claims case against them this week and the county clerk told me there are several claims against them for the same reason.

Dont waste your money or your time with this company, its a total scam. From the other reviews ive read its obvious they will take you on a tour if you pay with credit card, since those charges are easier to have refunded. However, from those reviews it seems like we didnt miss much anyway.

Visited May 2011
32 Thank Chris02011

Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“DO NOT BOOK WITH THESE PEOPLE”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I booked with VA Wine Tour 3 months in advance for my sister's bachelorette party this past weekend. I had arranged for a limo to pick up 6 of us at 11 am at our hotel in Charlottesville. No one showed up or picked up the phone. I decided to send an email to the girl I had been corresponding with 3 months prior to make sure that someone was actually coming. She responded at 11:45 to tell me that she was sorry but our limo had broke down in transit to pick us up and that she did not have a replacement limo for us. She then attached at $200 gift certificate for a future visit. As if I would ever book with this company ever again! Please do not book a tour through this awful company! They are frauds!!!!!

Visited May 2011
24 Thank moza246
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“virginiawinetour.com - unprofessional, rip off!!!!”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Wineries did not have any information or reservations for our group upon arrival. Negotiated and paid driver for extra time and also charged by virginia wine tours. Unprofessional treats from company, which expected payment for extra ours within one business day, when group already paid driver.

25 Thank amesiga9
Farmville, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Not reliable”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I had contracted with Virginia Wine Country tours in the summer of 2010 for a Wine Tour in October. The contract was signed and my payment of $824 was made. When I started working with them they were very nice. They would return phone calls and answer my questions. Three days before our trip I called three times with no return phone call. I sent one e-mail with a few questions in which they did response . I then sent a follow up e-mail and received no response. On Saturday we were to be picked up at 11:30am, 13 of us. At 11:40am there was no one there. Luckly I was able to check my e-mail and noticed an e-mail that was sent at 10:02am saying "we are sorry but your bus broke down we do not have another one to get you. I am sorry and of course we will not be charging you." That in my mind is poor business practice.

24 Thank SusanSullivan88
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Virginia Wine Country Tours...horrible!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I do not recommend Virginia Wine Tours. I coordinated with them for a 8+ hour tour…pick-up a 2pm, visit 3 wineries, dinner @ 8pm and then, drop-off. VA Wine Country Tours never contacted the 3 wineries to let them know our group of 14 would be visiting. We arrived at the 3rd winery at 6:20…they closed at 6pm. I had to plea with the owner to let us do the tasting. Then, the driver told us that he was only hired for a 5 hour tour. I had to work with him to ensure we could go to dinner and then, be driven home. In the end, everything worked out for our group but it was not a stress free evening for me.

19 Thank ckcleveland