“RUN FAR AWAY VERY FAR AWAY!”
Review of Virginia Wine Country Tours - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Virginia Wine Country Tours
Minneapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“RUN FAR AWAY VERY FAR AWAY!”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Luckily I came to Trip Adisor before sending this company any money. I feel so fortunate to have followed my instincts. I emailed the company several times to receive more information before booking a Bachelorette Party wine tasting for my Sister. I laid out in bullet points a list of my questions to make it easy for them to be answered. The responses (while very quick) did not address ANY of my questions. I had to email again asking that they be addressed and at that point some were but not all. It was almost as if they were deliberately being vague. Ignoring my gut feeling, I completed the contract and emailed it in. In one of the emails I had received from them there was vague language about using a credit card to pay for the tour and that paying by check would warrent a 5% discount. In the email I sent including my contract I asked how to go about paying by credit card. I received a response back saying check only no credit card payments are alllowed. So I then called to ask about the 5% discount for paying by check and was surprised to learn that the voicemail box was full and not accepting new messages. At this point I finally followed my instincts and came to Trip Advisor where I quickly learned about the fraudulant business practices of this company. I have since emailed the company telling them to terminate my constract and I am VERY thankful that I have not sent them any money. If you google their name you will find a lot of articles about recent law suits against the company for all of the things mentioned in other reviews.

Visited February 2012
14 Thank RachelRenee53

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very dishonest company. Unreliable. Scams people out of their money”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

When travelling with a group of girlfriends for a bachelorette weekend, we paid in advance for this company to make all of our accommodations. Our driver did not know where to take us, as he had not been given any information by the company, none of the wineries were expecting us, and we had to pay for all our tastings which was suppose to be included in our package. This company is not even allowed to use one of the larger wineries because they fail to pay the wineries what they owe them. They have an awful reputation as we learned throughout the course of the day.

Visited July 2011
24 Thank hair_artist
Aldie, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“BEWARE - They cancelled after they took my money!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We book a wine tour for my fiance's graduation in May 2011. They required a full deposit a few weeks before the tour. I wrote them a check for $1230 for a mini coach bus and the tours. Two days before the tour they called to say the bus was having mechanical problems and they might have to cancel. The next day they cancelled. Ive spent the past month getting a run around about my refund check and now they wont respond at all. I filed a small claims case against them this week and the county clerk told me there are several claims against them for the same reason.

Dont waste your money or your time with this company, its a total scam. From the other reviews ive read its obvious they will take you on a tour if you pay with credit card, since those charges are easier to have refunded. However, from those reviews it seems like we didnt miss much anyway.

Visited May 2011
32 Thank Chris02011
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“DO NOT BOOK WITH THESE PEOPLE”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I booked with VA Wine Tour 3 months in advance for my sister's bachelorette party this past weekend. I had arranged for a limo to pick up 6 of us at 11 am at our hotel in Charlottesville. No one showed up or picked up the phone. I decided to send an email to the girl I had been corresponding with 3 months prior to make sure that someone was actually coming. She responded at 11:45 to tell me that she was sorry but our limo had broke down in transit to pick us up and that she did not have a replacement limo for us. She then attached at $200 gift certificate for a future visit. As if I would ever book with this company ever again! Please do not book a tour through this awful company! They are frauds!!!!!

Visited May 2011
24 Thank moza246
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“virginiawinetour.com - unprofessional, rip off!!!!”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Wineries did not have any information or reservations for our group upon arrival. Negotiated and paid driver for extra time and also charged by virginia wine tours. Unprofessional treats from company, which expected payment for extra ours within one business day, when group already paid driver.

25 Thank amesiga9