“Some very good wines!”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Some very good wines!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We found some of the wines of Rappahannock Cellars very good. We did taste some very good Chardonnay and Chardonnay/Viognier blend. They have a large tasting room it was busy but Alexandra was friendly and willing to share her knowledge of the wines, not just a scripted few sentences. The more your engage the person doing the tasting, we find the more information we learn. Would return for sure.

Visited August 2014

Stephens City, Virginia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Service is not as good as the wine...”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The wine at Rappahannock Cellars is very good, we found there to be a nice variety as well.
With that said, the service was not as good. The tasting room was not busy and the individual that was doing the tasting did not have much of a personality with us. She was very friendly with the other staff members walking by, and they didn't acknowledge us either. We felt pretty uncomfortable. The individual doing the tasting would pour the wine, tell us the name of the wine but did not talk about it, walked off to socialize with people she knew and come back to us and ask "what'd ya think of that one?" and pour the next. By the end, she probably thought we were rude because we had to speak with each other about the wine and didn't find her useful except to pour the wine. When she walked away at one point, I joked with my husband that if I wouldn't get in trouble, I could go behind the counter, pour the wine and give a better presentation just by reading the bottle or tasting notes. Truly sad.
I do recommend trying their wines because they are good, I just hope that someone with a personality is doing the tasting.... we took our wine to go.

wayne, nj
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Loved this Place”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Lovely vineyard, pleasant greeting by the, forgive me ?6th Daughter. I neglected to get her name. She spent a reasonable amount of time explaining the background of the vineyard, the wine making process and sharing her knowledge of the wines we were tasting. Great place.

Virgina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rappahannock Cellars”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rappahannock Cellars a casual winery with knowledgeable staff.
The location is a place to relax and enjoy the surroundings.
I recommend the members club if you live in the area.

Arlington, Virginia
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Disappointing Visit”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Over the past few years, I have read many great reviews of Rappahannock Cellars and many of the visitors I have spoken with at other Virginia wineries spoke highly of it and its wines. So, I was quite interested in visiting Rappahannock Cellars and tasting its wines. Unfortunately, neither the visit nor the wines were very impressive. Although the tasting room was not very busy, it took quite a few minutes to begin our tasting. Once the tasting began, our server poured each wine, described it in a couple of pre-fab sentences, and then walked away. She showed no enthusiasm and offered no additional information on the wine or the winery. None of the eight wines included in the eight dollar premium tasting impressed us. I was hoping our server would let us sample a couple of the wine club only wines as an inducement to join the club, but we had no such luck. I understand the winery wants to hold its best wines for its best regular customers, but none of the "regular" wines were appealing enough to make me want to join the winery's club. With all this, I see no reason to pay Rappahannock Cellars a return visit.