“great location”

Sao Rafael Atlantico
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sesmarias
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Booked for couple holiday, cheeky 5 day break. Hotel really nice, it's quiet, but actually that's not a bad thing. We were half board, wouldn't bother with evening meal if went back, as other good restaurant nearby. Basic rooms were well worth the money and all had balconies. Staff were very attentive & eager to help.

Room Tip: Even basic room was worth money. Village room was fine.
2  Thank Julie K
Rui V, Gerente at Sao Rafael Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your review.
Was a pleasure for us to welcome you at São Rafael Atlantic hotel, we appreciate your preference.

Best wishes

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Beautiful large modern rooms, a great walk in shower, no baths, and no charged extras such as safe and fridge. A five star hotel that really is 5 star. The gardens, pools, beach and buffet breakfasts leave nothing to be desired. All the pools are modern and clean, for the inside pool you need to wear a cap, available for 5 euros. Reception so helpful and the service is superb, although you have to wait awhile if they are busy in the pool snack bar and a queue to get any cooked eggs at breakfast.
The only fault I found was that drinks are a little expensive - but what the hell I'm on holiday.
With Flights via Easyjet from Bristol, Hotel and you need a car a week for two including food and drinks works out at around £1800 - £2000. But its luxury.

John W.W.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view
3  Thank JohnWW W

Dear Mr. John,

Was so nice to read this from you!
Your opinion has all our attention and we are always trying to improve our services. For sure it came to help us a lot, thank you!

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just back from a great week long stay at the Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel.
We really enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. It’s a really new modern hotel with lovely rooms and great pools, gym and spa.
We would definitely return.

Only one negative experience which is worth mentioning. The queue for breakfast in the mornings was annoying. For the first few days of our stay, the hotel was obviously very busy and this resulted in a queue to get seated in the restaurant for breakfast. Some people were queuing for maybe 10 mins. This was only really a problem for the first 3 days we were there. After that getting a seat was no problem. However, all week, there was also a queue for the omelette station. Maybe for 10-15 mins each morning, so much so that my husband was finished his breakfast by the time I sat down usually. This wasn’t ideal and having a 2nd person on this station would have made a huge difference. Although I didn’t really want to spend that time queuing, I love having an omelette for my breakfast and so it was worth the wait. However on about the 4th morning, there was an incident at the omelette station. I ordered my omelette (in English – the omelette chef speaking very good English, as I had known from previous mornings). She then said something to me in another language which I didn’t understand. She kept repeating herself and eventually I said that I didn’t understand at which point she just started laughing – and then went off to go about her business. I was quite annoyed as I didn’t really know what was after happening and I felt that she was laughing at me rather than trying to be friendly. Anyway, as I’m still waiting in the queue for my omelette I tell myself just to forget about it and don’t let it ruin my day. But what happens next made the whole thing worse. The omelette chef then proceeds to ask the girl behind me what she wants. This girl is speaking in another foreign language and the chef is obviously having difficulty understanding here (real or put on I’m not sure). So the girl ordering walks around to where the ingredients are set out in a dispenser and points to the ingredients she wants – now she was extremely polite in the way she went about this, but the chef obviously thought this was hilarious as she starts laughing behind her back, throwing her eyes up to heaven and then starts looking around at a few others in the queue trying to join them in her little joke. I was absolutely moritifed for the girl in question who had no idea what was going on but the chef was obviously having a particularly childish day and felt like having a bit of fun at the guests expense that morning. She clearly has a very distorted view of what is acceptable in a customer facing role. In any event, I stayed away from the omelette station for the remainder of my holiday, as I did not wish to have a repeat of that mornings events.

Having said the above, this was an isolated event, limited to one member of staff and I would not let it put anyone off coming to this hotel.

Pros:

Lovely new modern hotel – very clean
Rooms are spacious and luxurious
Beds are extremely comfortable
Spa, Indoor Pool and Gym are all 5 star
Fabulous beach
Good selection at breakfast & lunch
Outdoor pools are good and there were enough sunbeds.

Cons:

Location is about 5Km from Albufeira and in a quiet area – you need a car
The Spa doesn’t offer beauty treatments – just massage and facials
The hairdressers is closed permanently
There is always a long queue for the omelette station (10-15 mins)
Sunbeds at the pool are uncomfortable and many are damaged or dirty
Staff were generally polite and efficient, but were not what I would describe as 5-star trained.
Would have preferred if the indoor and outdoor pools were heated.
The bar in the evenings did not seem to have much atmosphere and was very quiet.

Room Tip: A car is needed to get the most from your holiday if staying in this hotel.

Dear guest,

We are thankful for your review.
All the aspects you have mentioned deserve all our attention and for sure will help us to correct some imperfections and avoid them to happen again in the future. We apologise for any inconvenience and hope to have the chance to show you that these are not our standards. Hope to welcome you in the future and share with you a great experience!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hi,

We have just got back from a weekend stay at the Sao Rafael Atlantic and I must admit this is perhaps one of the best hotels I have been to. We have been to Hilton (Dubai), Marriott (London), Renaissance (Malaysia), Hyatt (Bali) but this hotel is right up there. I cannot praise enough the support we got from Sonia at the front desk - from arranging an amazing complimentary cake, chocolates and drinks for our Wedding Anniversary prior to our arrival to helping us with taxis, locations among other things. She was fantastic!!!

Rooms were top notch - panoramic views, massive bed, huge showers
Breakfast was great with tonnes of choice
Hotel's private beach was breath taking
Swimming pools were fantastic - my 2.5 year old son literally stayed in these for the most part of our trip
Children's play area in the Sao Rafael Suite hotel (sister hotel) was also amazing. we left our child with the staff, Veira and Vanessa and they did a brilliant job in looking after our child who has never stayed away from us for a prolonged period. My son thoroughly enjoyed the bouncing castle, drawing and lego facilities.
SPA facilities were brilliant
Albufeira town centre was about 15 minutes away - costs around 10-15 euros one way´

I could probably go on and on but I will just end it saying, We will be BACK!

Thanks Sao Rafael Atlantic for making our stay so amazing.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shairaz A

Dear guests,

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay at São Rafael Atlantic hotel.
As you could notice, we have the two hotels in the same location and we feel proud to know that we could give to you all the things you could expect from us in order to have a great time!
Looking forward to see you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It was easy to find with the satnav, however do be careful as there is another CS Sao Rafael hotel right up the road (called the Suite Hotel).

The room is of modern interior, clean and spacious. We booked a seaview room, and the view from the room was breathtaking. Bathroom was open-plan, clean and modern. The sea view room (and i think all rooms) come with a balcony, which was excellent.

We had lunch at the pool bar; service was average as was the food, however the price was reasonable. The breakfast buffet offered a wide selection of food, fruits and baked goods, including a egg station offering eggs cooked to your choice.

The hotel is a short walk (5 minutes) from the Sao Rafael beach. The hotel offers 3 shuttles a day to Albufuiera old town, another transport option would be a taxi (8 euros).

Overall I would recommend this place!

3  Thank Chia Ven L

Dear Guests,

We really appreciate your comment and more than that, we are thankful for your preference.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again!

Best wishes

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was the perfect place for a very relaxing - not do loads - kind of break.
The room was very luxurious and the service was great.
We ate in the restaurant most evenings as the food was superb. Didn't try the buffet.
Perfect hotel for this time of year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
Rui V, Gerente at Sao Rafael Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Mr. Matthew,

Thank you so much for your review.
Your satisfaction makes us proud and look forward for your next visit. Will be a pleasure to see you returning for another relaxing break.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. The seeview room is amazing and has a lot of space. The poolarea is also very beautiful. Breakfast is huge and tasty. Friendly stuf. Only a short Walk to the beautiful sao rafael beach. In to town there is a free shutel 3 times a day or by taxi 8 euros. Would recommend this place!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveler_anomar

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for choosing São Rafael Atlantic hotel.
We were very pleased to welcome you and feel very happy with your satisfaction.
We look forward to see you again in a near future!

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sesmarias
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
Vidamar Resort Algarve
#15 of 154 in Albufeira
Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort
Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel

Been to Sao Rafael Atlantico? Share your experiences!