We booked this hotel last minute for a week in the sun. It has good facilities and a clean, spacious pool area with plenty of sun loungers. The rooms are a bit dated but are large and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. The cocktails were nice and the pool bar food was good.
On the downside though:-
- it is not close to Albufeira town or the larger beaches. There is a small pretty cove with a beach 15 mins walk away called Rabbit Beach with a bit of a hill on way back. There are only 3 shuttle buses to Albufeira a day which you need to book and the last one leaves quite early teatime (6.40pm during the week and 5.30pm weekends). To go at other times or get to other places or beaches you will wait about 30 mins on average for a taxi. One day we waited an hour for a taxi and another day the driver refused to take us to Vilamoura as it was too far so we had to order another. We heard a few people complaining about this.
- the breakfast is really good with plenty of choice but the coffee is undrinkable (from a machine too bitter and too sweet). The orange juice was not fresh and also too sweet.
- there is no iron in the room which is odd. They will iron things for you at a cost with min 24 hours notice. This means you have to plan ahead or iron everything which crumpled in your suitcase (which is pretty pricey at between 3-5 Euros per item).
- contrary to what we read on the website there is no A La Carte restaurant open. We went to try it and were told there is only the buffet. The buffet was ok but it felt like eating in a canteen with bright lights and no music. It was also not worth the price. You also can't eat or drink outside like it shows in the pictures other than one night where they do a BBQ.
We had a good stay though. I think it is more suited to families than to couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the Algarve, the Baia Grande Hotel is 3km from the center of Albufeira and 750mts from the Coelha Beach. Four star high quality with 131 rooms, spacious play areas and gardens, providing an elegant, comfortable and relaxing environment. Located 750 meters from Coelha Beach and 3 kilometres from the centre of Albufeira, Baia Grande Hotel with amazing sea views has 131 spacious rooms, play areas and gardens. Of the 131 rooms 10 are Senior Suites with Sea View, 2 Junior Suites with Land View, 80 rooms with Sea View and 39 with Land View. All rooms are equipped with 2 single beds (for up to 1 extra bed), private bathroom, LCD TV with satellite channels, individual air-conditioning, minibar, safe, direct telephone and balcony. In the public areas are 1 restaurant, the "Mermaid Restaurant" where you can taste buffet breakfast or dinner overlooking the pool and theme nights (includes barbecue in summer), also available à la carte menu. The "Piano Bar" overlooking the sea where you can enjoy live music and great cocktails and "Neptune Bar", located next to the pool where you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks throughout the day. Hotel Baia Grande also offers indoor heated pool, outdoor swimming pool for adults and children, Jacuzzi (in both pools), sauna, massage and treatment room, table tennis, billiards, table football, giant chess game, free WI-FI internet in all the hotel, live music, a limousine service, rent-a-car, TV and reading room, private parking and transportation for hotel guests to Albufeira (4 times per day, 7 days a week) and Praia da Gale (Monday to Friday, 3 times per day). The reception is open 24 hours. Baia Grande Hotel has 4 meeting rooms for your events, "Sao Rafael", "Sesmarias", "Albufeira" and "Atlantico" with a maximum capacity of 300 people. The Baia Grande Hotel can also organize your banquets, weddings, company parties and other special occasions meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Baia Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Grande Albufeira
- Baia Grande Hotel Albufeira