The view is second to none, as the hotel is perched over Carter Creek, one of the most scenic tributaries in Virginia. The hotel is lovely and the food is pretty good. Dining rooms are spacious and the ambiance is charming. The rooms are nicely sized, but there is a musty/moldy smell to them. It's bearable and not much of a detraction. I suggest rooms on higher floors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a lush peninsula in Virginia's historic Northern Neck, the waterfront Tides Inn has welcomed generations of friends and families who cherish the relaxed pace of local life and the Southern hospitality of our staff. Guests can learn to sail at the on-site sailing school or explore the calm waterways via paddle boards, kayaks and canoes while spotting golden eagles, osprey and herons. The 18-hole Golden Eagle golf course is a pleasantly challenging wooded course with water hazards, and there is also a Par-3 course, tennis, croquet, and spa, plus bicycles for pedaling into town. Our farm-to-table cuisine highlights oysters from the nearby Rappahannock River, and we're located on the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail with several Virginia wineries nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Hotel Irvington
- Tides Hotel Irvington
- The Tides Inn Irvington, Virginia