I admit to falling for that old time family resort experience. And I just like The Tides. We have been there several times over the years with other family members, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. It isnt the swankiest resort you'll find. Its more understated and comfortable, not at all stuffy. The staff is super friendly and helpful, not overbearing. Some have worked there for years. I've stayed in various rooms and all were very nicely appointed, most with beautiful views. Yes, the buildings are old and it is likely a struggle to keep them in top condition, but they are trying and for the most part succeeding. The golf course is a plus and will challenge good golfers. Even in winter there seems to be plenty to do, but just sitting in front of the huge fireplace is one of the nicest. The food is excellent, but try some of the other restaurants in Irvington and explore nearby towns. The Northern Neck is very historic and scenic, yet seems almost devoid of tourists. One of these years I hope to come back in summer to enjoy the pool and kayaks, but even in cold or rainy weather the Tides is a relaxing retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a lush peninsula in Virginia's historic Northern Neck, the waterfront Tides Inn has welcomed generations of friends and families who cherish the relaxed pace of local life and the Southern hospitality of our staff. Guests can learn to sail at the on-site sailing school or explore the calm waterways via paddle boards, kayaks and canoes while spotting golden eagles, osprey and herons. The 18-hole Golden Eagle golf course is a pleasantly challenging wooded course with water hazards, and there is also a Par-3 course, tennis, croquet, and spa, plus bicycles for pedaling into town. Our farm-to-table cuisine highlights oysters from the nearby Rappahannock River, and we're located on the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail with several Virginia wineries nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Hotel Irvington
- Tides Hotel Irvington
- The Tides Inn Irvington, Virginia