Stepped back in time at this fabulous resort. This is a destination resort and not on an interstate. Once you arrive, you are treated to true Virginia hospitality. Golfing, boating, history, it has it all. The food was fabulous. Room accommodations were more than expected. Service was above expectations. I don't usually order room service, but on this trip we were so impressed with the service and food that we stayed in the room for breakfast twice. We were greeted with cold drinks upon our arrival and the service in the restaurant was impeccable. Cell phone service is not very good. I used this to my advantage and really was able to unwind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a lush peninsula in Virginia's historic Northern Neck, the waterfront Tides Inn has welcomed generations of friends and families who cherish the relaxed pace of local life and the Southern hospitality of our staff. Guests can learn to sail at the on-site sailing school or explore the calm waterways via paddle boards, kayaks and canoes while spotting golden eagles, osprey and herons. The 18-hole Golden Eagle golf course is a pleasantly challenging wooded course with water hazards, and there is also a Par-3 course, tennis, croquet, and spa, plus bicycles for pedaling into town. Our farm-to-table cuisine highlights oysters from the nearby Rappahannock River, and we're located on the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail with several Virginia wineries nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Hotel Irvington
- Tides Hotel Irvington
- The Tides Inn Irvington, Virginia