“Get Away Resort”
Review of The Tides Inn

The Tides Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irvington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stepped back in time at this fabulous resort. This is a destination resort and not on an interstate. Once you arrive, you are treated to true Virginia hospitality. Golfing, boating, history, it has it all. The food was fabulous. Room accommodations were more than expected. Service was above expectations. I don't usually order room service, but on this trip we were so impressed with the service and food that we stayed in the room for breakfast twice. We were greeted with cold drinks upon our arrival and the service in the restaurant was impeccable. Cell phone service is not very good. I used this to my advantage and really was able to unwind.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roydebby
Tidesgm, General Manager at The Tides Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Very glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to unwind from the real world. Cellular service can be limited dependent on your service provider, AT&T is good as is Verizon.
Maybe turning off the cell phone is what the doctor ordered!.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been coming to the Tides Inn for more than 15 years, and all the renovations and additions that they have done this past winter has been truly magical and breathtaking. The terrace lounge is the place to be... It is a great place for families to spend the vacations or a weekend. The staff and the management team make sure that every guest has a better experience than Disney's customer service. They have so many activities to do that a weekend just does not do justice. Keep up the great work Mr.G.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Joshua J
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

A long drive but well worth it once you arrive. A warm welcome and great staff. Food was delicious and large terrace was nice. Bed was very firm as were pillows so I'd ask for softer ones! The meeting room was spacious and had access to outside air which was delightful. Rain stopped on the way there and the sun shine was welcomed in time for our cocktail party.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Barbara H

Maybe your next visit will be for pleasure and not business although we like to think business is a pleasure at the Tides Inn.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was my first visit to this resort and I was very pleased. The staff was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. From the valet to the front desk was smooth and easy. I arrived early with no expectations of my room being ready and the front desk supervisor offered to call my cell as soon as available and I was able to check in shortly thereafter. The property is well kept and the view was so serene and pretty. The room was spacious and great. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom space was amazing. Upon arrival I was given a schedule of activities which offered a great deal for visitors to participate in. Had dinner on the property which was a pleasant experience. The reason for my visit was for work, but I would definitely go back to this hidden gem for a leisure trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ceeya
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We absolutely loved The Tides Inn! Plenty to do, very professional and friendly staff, and the Journey Spa was an amazing experience. When we returned home, we felt reconnected, relaxed, and recharged. I wrote a blog post about how much we enjoyed ourselves here: http://makingmindfulness.blogspot.com/2014/05/our-low-key-honeymoon.html. Check it out.

Room Tip: We loved our waterfront view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julie G
Tidesgm, General Manager at The Tides Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Wow.
That was quite some blog. I was delighted that we looked after you so well, the staff and I get an immense amount of satisfaction from creating great memories and we are grateful to you for sharing your experiences.
We wish you a long and happy life together and I think on your next visit I should buy you a celebratory drink.
Gordon Slatford.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I love this place, and being tucked in on Carter's creek is a huge plus.
The staff are great the bar stocked and the food is good. Views are fantastic.
It would not take a lot of capital to make this place top notch. The rooms are nice and the beds are great, but I stayed in the Windsor house overlooking the water and the carpet on the balcony was moldy and the banister falling apart. TREX all the balconies and don't put carpet on them.
Go and enjoy all the scenery and don't get hung up on the small stuff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was our first trip to The Tides Inn and our stay was wonderful. We were greeted by a friendly bellman who gave us a brief tour of the facilities as we checked in. Our room was a Vista Suite which gave us an unobstructed view of Carter's Creek and the Marina. The bed was perfect! The bathroom was stocked with luxurious linens and amenities. The Spa was small but provided excellent service. The food at the restaurant was outstanding and will be addressed in another review. The only downside was that our package included "special nightly turndown service" which did not occur. The Kilmarnock Antique Gallery is just down the road and is filled with collectibles, especially oyster plates. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I think the odd-numbered rooms face the water. The walls are thin, however, but not to a point that...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NCSmokey

Thank you for making the journey down to see us. I am glad you had a good time and I have a feeling we will be seeing you again soon.
I apologize for our missing your turndown service we will be more diligent in future.
Gordon Slatford

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvington
Best Western Kilmarnock Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kilmarnock
The Gables
The Gables
#3 of 5 in Reedville

Been to The Tides Inn? Share your experiences!