I travelled to the Inn with 7 year old son and 10 year old nephew after dropping off my teenage son at a fishing camp nearby. I cannot say enough good things about the staff, the grounds, the scenery, the surrounding area and the activities. We spent a week biking, swimming, kayaking and relaxing.
One of the highlights was a chartered boat/fishing ride with Captain Gene Edmonds. He tailored the day to our needs and the boys and I enjoyed our time on the boat immensely.
It seems that this area is a hidden gem and I hope it stays that way, which is why I was hesitant to write this review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a lush peninsula in Virginia's historic Northern Neck, the waterfront Tides Inn has welcomed generations of friends and families who cherish the relaxed pace of local life and the Southern hospitality of our staff. Guests can learn to sail at the on-site sailing school or explore the calm waterways via paddle boards, kayaks and canoes while spotting golden eagles, osprey and herons. The 18-hole Golden Eagle golf course is a pleasantly challenging wooded course with water hazards, and there is also a Par-3 course, tennis, croquet, and spa, plus bicycles for pedaling into town. Our farm-to-table cuisine highlights oysters from the nearby Rappahannock River, and we're located on the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail with several Virginia wineries nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Preferred Hotels and Cancelon so you can book your The Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Hotel Irvington
- Tides Hotel Irvington
- The Tides Inn Irvington, Virginia