“Great view and food to match”

Chesapeake Club - East Room
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Irvington
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lakeland, Florida
“Great view and food to match”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I’m rating the Chesapeake Club at The Tides Inn, not the whole Inn itself.

Had lunch here with my family on a lovely Monday afternoon. Well, it was hot by Virginia standards, but about normal for Florida, so it felt about right.

I had the Crab and Avocado Grilled Cheese with the peanut soup. The peanut soup is excellent. I had to ask if they made it there or bought it in, and the restaurant manager assured me they made it. So it’s a must have in my book.

The sandwich was fine. The brioche was a bit too much bread, and I think it needed something else, something to cut the creaminess of the avocado a bit, like lemon or even just cracked black pepper. Don’t get me wrong, none of the sandwich got left behind. Lots of crab, lots of avocado - a big sandwich. Go hungry!

The rest of the party had:
the Seafood Tchoupitoulas - very dramatic presentation, definitely the coolest looking of lunches we had. The flavor was excellent according to my father
the Avocado Bacon Burger - huge burger, far more than my mother could eat. She reports it was also excellent
the Northern Neck Oyster Po Boy - again, huge sandwich, far more than my wife could eat. She scarfed down all the oysters, though, and would have finished the whole thing if she could have.

The service was good and fast, but we were just about the only ones there. Our waitress has been with the Tides Inn for over 25 years - I’m so sorry I don’t remember your name. The view is spectacular and the perfect accompaniment to the lunch.

• Visited July 2014

Alexandria, Virginia
“Outstanding Meal”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Service, food, presentation, and options were plentiful. Dinner was delicious! Selection was impressive. Drinks were very good.

Visited May 2014
“Great view outdoor dining”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Restaurant has indoor & outdoor seating overlooking a bay. We had lunch; entrees were $17. My husband had the plate of 2 cab cakes and they accommodated my request to combine a crabcake with oysters for the same price. They had burgers, salads, etc. We played a game of croquet on the adjacent lawn after - a very relaxing location.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank D B
Oxford, NC
“Excellent Meals and Service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The food at the Chesapeake Club, whichever room, is excellent. The oysters were fresh, plump and tasty. The filet mignon was perfectly prepared but the sides were limited. The crab cakes are chocked full of jumbo lump crabmeat with almost no filler. We would have preferred to have had a larger selection Virginia wines by the glass.
The only negative was the seating. We requested a table by the window (great view) and were told there was none, in spite of our reservation. We were seated and about three minutes, a couple with a window table left and almost immediately seated was a couple that apparently did not care about the dress code (blue jeans and no jacket). This was very poorly handled by the Maitre 'D.

Visited May 2014
Kilmarnock, Virginia
“Great food with a view”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

An incredible dining experience! You have amazing views of Carter's creek while enjoying the easy going yet sophisticated dining area. The service and food is always amazing. I suggest anything with crab. The crab meat here is so fresh. They also have a barnyard burger that will knock your socks off. Really anything on the menu is sure to satisfy.