All reviewsnorthern neckthe cottagesevening cruisethe main housechrist churchsaltwater poolcrab cakesperfect getawaygracious hospitalityselect registrybed and breakfastpleasure of stayingbreakfast was deliciousboutique hotellong weekendtwo night staysmall room
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We arrived about 2 pm on Friday afternoon and were graciously welcomed by Meseret. She helped us to get settled and made our dinner reservation for what turned out to be the best meal we ever had in our 25 years of marriage.

The Hope and Glory Inn is a busy and popular destination and restaurant. Though there was a lot going on, Meseret took very good care of us. It was not until the next morning that we over heard Peggy, the owner, mention that she and her husband had just returned from two weeks in Napa. I was in awe of Meseret's dedication to our needs and at the same time managing the inn for the previous two weeks.

Thank you to Meseret for making our visit so very special!

Room Tip: We liked our cottage a lot so I would recommend one of the cottages.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Possessed T
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We thoroughly relished our stay at the Hope and Glory while we visited friends and celebrated our 44th anniversary. We were given an exceptionally nice welcome by Dudley who treated us like long lost friends. When we met Peggy later, she proved to be even more charming in person than she was on the phone during the enjoyable reservation process. Attention to detail was never so evident as here at the H & G. The manager, Meseret, could not have been more attentive and her breakfast is to die for! We were not there for dinners but did meet Ann, the chef, during checkout and promised her we would return to try her renowned cuisine.

You haven't truly done the "Northern Neck" if you haven't done the Hope and Glory.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

First of all, need to explain, I do not understand spending a lot of money on a nice room.
The places was very nice.. and also the grounds were pretty.
The resturant was nice. They serve dinner and only a max of 18 people. The chef, Ann, was very nice. We had the 4 course dinner. The food was good but I do not like what was served for the appetiser. Talked to Ann and she said next time I am there to talk to her before and discuss the menu with her and she will make sure she serves what I like. The rockfish that she served was excellent. I asked her where she got it from. She told me and I went there the next day to get some to take home. Ann, said that the Oysters that she served was not up to her standards so she was taking it off the menu till they got better.
Peggy and Dudley, the owners are nice and friendly. Meseret, the manager is wonderful and went out of her way to make my birthday special. I asked for a frozen drink that she has never made before and she went out of her way to make it for me. It was very good.

My GF, that took me, asked if I would come again. I told her yes, for her birthday. It was really nice, I just do not appreciate all the cost when I would have just as apprecaited a nice hotel and eating there or a another nice resturant.

If you like B&B's then this was very nice.

Room Tip: the front room, 3 and 4 have a nice balcony if you like to enjoy it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FuseGlassArtist
dpatteson, Owner at Hope and Glory Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

One could not have paid us a better compliment than to say they would come again and reciprocate birthdays. We greatly appreciate your describing how our Chef and Manager would go out of their way to make your birthday special. We are also glad you took our recommendation to seek out Something Different Country Store; and, you found it as enjoyable as we do. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

We have just ended a far too brief stay at this beautiful country inn. It is just special in every way. Peggy and Dudley have ignored no detail in making this lovely inn comfy for all who stay there, and the people up the experience even more! As we were driving in to Irvington, sweet Meseret called to ask if she could prepare dinner since most restaurants in town would be closed. When we arrived, she promptly settled us in "detention" while our 15 year old son relaxed in our precious cottage. Dinner was spectacular in every way. Meseret is just wonderful in every way....chef, host and manager. The next morning we enjoyed a fabulous breakfast and visit with Peggy and Dudley. If you leave here feeling like any less than friends, you aren't trying, because they are beyond gracious! Make a point to get to this wonderful respite! I will be hoping to come again...with lots more time!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
dpatteson, Owner at Hope and Glory Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Mhptexas,

We too hope we will see you “again and again” and lots more!! Thank you for a glowing account about our inn. The warmth of your family made it so easy for us to be hospitable. Yes, our Meseret wears many hats and is always a delight; and, our guests, such as you, let us know every day.

We thank you “again and again”.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the "Tents of Vineyard Grove" for our honeymoon night. These little houses are decorated so cute and tastefully. The bed was so comfy and the bathroom very nice. There are a few "tents" to choose from and I believe they have at least 2 bedrooms each, a kitchen, an enclosed back deck, and some even have a fireplace. If you rent a "tent" you can use their pool and kayaks. There is a vineyard right up the road if you'd like to sample some wine. This place is great and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

IceCreamLuvr,

We thank you for spending your honeymoon night with us and for the many compliments. We are honored that you selected us. Our tents are special and they do offer our guests a different experience; and, yet it is still very Hope and Glory. We also can’t wait for you to return.

We have recently acquired the vineyard! More fun for all of us.