All reviews northern neck the cottages evening cruise the main house christ church saltwater pool crab cakes perfect getaway gracious hospitality select registry bed and breakfast pleasure of staying breakfast was delicious boutique hotel long weekend two night stay small room
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Such a charming stay at Hope and Glory. This place is so enchanting. The food was excellent, the private outdoor shower is fun, the bikes were wonderful for touring this wonderful area, beds and rooms were great and loved the secluded pool in the woods. Every since I saw this place in a magazine, it was on my bucket list and it was better than portrayed. All wonderful hosts for your every wish; just ask.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying here multiple times. We love it. The pool is peaceful. The winery is awesome. The gourmet chef cooks delicious dinners. Breakfast is scrumptious. The cocktail cruise is fun. The crab cruise is a blast. Very relaxing and peaceful. Perfect place to disconnect in order to reconnect...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

In early August I escaped to Hope and Glory for a 4-day (Friday–Monday) mini vacation between busy periods at work. No kids, no husband, no email; just a stack of books and a few glasses of wine. It was wonderful! The staff was so helpful, the food was tremendous. The beds were comfortable, and the massages...pure bliss. I may make this an annual affair, but I think I'll change one thing. I think I'll have my family join me for the weekend. I missed them too much.
BTW, the dinner I had at Hope and Glory was far superior than the meal I had down the road at the Tides. The staff were also far more friendly and obliging. I had looked at the Tides for my getaway. I am so very glad they were booked.

Room Tip: I was travelling solo and had the blue room with the claw-foot tub. It worked for one. I think the other rooms in the main house serve couples a bit better. The houses out back looked absolutely delightful. They would be good for families or small groups of friends.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maggie W
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the "Hope and Glory" this past May. Our hosts were incredibly warm and made us feel completely at home - that is, if home served gourmet breakfasts every day. We stayed in one of the garden bungalows and the quiet atmosphere was just what we needed to fully relax. The Inn is walking distance to almost everything you need in the very quaint town of Irvington. And, they provide bicycles to ride anywhere else. The small town charm and the genuine warmth of Peggy and Dudley made this a perfect getaway! I look forward to the next time we have the chance to visit.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the garden suites.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Splanny
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here to start out our summer vacation, and to put it simply it was spectacular. The Hope and Glory is in a league of its own; between the wonderful staff, namely Mesert Crockett, the adorable decor and delicious cuisine our stay was five star quality. If you want to have a lovely and relaxing stay at a coastal inn, the Hope and Glory is definitely the place. We will absolutely be back and recommend it to friends of all ages. Thanks, Meseret!

• Stayed: August 2012